Accessory Plug In

Tzer

I can't find the fuse if it is a fuse for the accessory plug in.

I was putting on my stock wheels & tires for winter and some of them were needing air. I don't have a real air compressor but I have one of them that you plug into your cig lighter.

As I was filling the tires up I lost power from the accessory outlet. Cig outlet still works.

So I checked a few fuses but couldn't find a blown one. (Didn't check them all).

Anyone know where I should be looking?

Hep Me Hep Me LOL

Under the hood.Or it might be inside. My cig lighter burnt out and I replaced it with another accessory plug. And I had to double fuse the fuse under the hood. Its a pain in the neck to find out whats wrong

I popped the fuse box and the wires were burnt

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Thanks for the advice. I've been looking around but haven't found it yet.

I suppose tomorrow I'll pull all the fuses out one by one or use a test light.

Maybe there is an inline fuse... Hmmmmm

I would of thought that the cig lighter and the acc outlet would be on the same fuse *shrugs*

Cig lighter works....

Well I checked several fuses inside and out.

Couldn't find a bad one. I didn't look for burnt wires, ran out of time.

I've searched the www and many others have this

Problem for whatever reason & they didn't get any

Answers either. Guess it's not a big deal I rarely use it but it'll

Bug me that it don't work. LOL

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

Hey man i went and got the book from my 06 silverado, i think i found where the acc fuse is located. i will do my best to explain where it is and hopefully it will be the issue.

It is located in the panel under the hood.

Now looking at the fuses from the drivers fender you should see 2 rows of big square looking fuses at the top of your panel

Below that you start getting into smaller fuses on your panel

go to the 3rd row down and the acc fuse should or could be the last small fuse on the right side of that 3rd row.

i wish i could just post a pic of this diagram but my photobucket acc is down right now.

If you still need help i'll keep my book handy and try to explain it a bit better.

Hey man i went and got the book from my 06 silverado, i think i found where the acc fuse is located. i will do my best to explain where it is and hopefully it will be the issue.

It is located in the panel under the hood.

Now looking at the fuses from the drivers fender you should see 2 rows of big square looking fuses at the top of your panel

Below that you start getting into smaller fuses on your panel

go to the 3rd row down and the acc fuse should or could be the last small fuse on the right side of that 3rd row.

i wish i could just post a pic of this diagram but my photobucket acc is down right now.

If you still need help i'll keep my book handy and try to explain it a bit better.

Hey Crusinsilverado

Thanks for looking this up, But I think that was one of the first fuses I checked.

It's a 20amp one. I pretty much checked all the small fuses that were 20 & 15 amp and

some that were 10 amp both under hood and on the left side of the dash.

I really appreciate you offering a suggestion :)

Probably burnt wires or an inline fuse.

Anyone have a wiring diagram for this outlet?

Like I said before take the whole fuse box and get it so that you can lift it up. The test light most likely will work when you press on the fuse and the test light will light up. I bet you have a burnt wire under there. Thats what happened to mine. the guy said thats when he would touch the fuse it was fine, but in fact it wasn't..

I know it sounds confusing but thats what I thinking is going on..

Like I said before take the whole fuse box and get it so that you can lift it up. The test light most likely will work when you press on the fuse and the test light will light up. I bet you have a burnt wire under there. Thats what happened to mine. the guy said thats when he would touch the fuse it was fine, but in fact it wasn't..

I know it sounds confusing but thats what I thinking is going on..

iamwithstupid.gif this happend with my A/C

Thanks for all the advice guys!

I finally got around to testing with a test light. It appears that my Acc Socket is toasted.(overheated/some melted plastic in it).

I have power right at the Acc plug. I also double checked the neg side of the plug in by using the Acc neg and power from the Ciggy. It lit the tester, So the wiring shouldn't be an issue.

Now does anyone work at a GM parts counter that would have a part number for the Acc socket? I've searched Ebay and the WWW and can't seem to get anywhere locating this sucker.

Or maybe someone has one laying around? LOL

Thanks again to all!  :pepsicheer:

Thanks for all the advice guys!

I finally got around to testing with a test light. It appears that my Acc Socket is toasted.(overheated/some melted plastic in it).

I have power right at the Acc plug. I also double checked the neg side of the plug in by using the Acc neg and power from the Ciggy. It lit the tester, So the wiring shouldn't be an issue.

Now does anyone work at a GM parts counter that would have a part number for the Acc socket? I've searched Ebay and the WWW and can't seem to get anywhere locating this sucker.

Or maybe someone has one laying around? LOL

Thanks again to all!  :pepsicheer:

I checked GM Parts Direct and Jim Fresard GM Center, they both list the accessory socket, but not a part number. Your local dealer should have it in stock, and should be between $3 and $8. AllData also says you may need what GM calls a "J 42059 socket removal tool" to change it....

I checked GM Parts Direct and Jim Fresard GM Center, they both list the accessory socket, but not a part number. Your local dealer should have it in stock, and should be between $3 and $8. AllData also says you may need what GM calls a "J 42059 socket removal tool" to change it....

You don't need a tool. It pops right out. Or just take out the console surround