Curbed The F**K Out Of My 22S

CTSSS

So yesterday morning I curbed the f**k out of one of my 22s.....well not exactly. The curb was more like the front fender of a 92 accord lol. Needless to say this was no fun, it was deemed to be my fault, i believe it was partially his fault but hey when the cop comes up and sees a 21 year old with a big blue truck, tinted, windows, and 22s, standing next to a 40 year old with a shitty 92 honda accord, who do you think hes gonna blame lol. :dupe: Overall the SS is fine, scuffed pretty good on the cladding before and after my right rear rim, and the rim has some pretty good scrapes on it. I was planning on getting tires for the rims in the spring but might just spring for a whole new wheel/tire setup now. Damage wasnt too bad im not going through insurance and we worked out im gonna throw the guy in the accord $900 for his troubles, I can almost guarantee he will just pocket the money.

I'd let the ins. read police report, determine fault and save your $900. If its deemed your fault, he will then have to take it the to body shop, get it fixed and have ins. billed. If its your 1st point your rates shouldn't go up. If they do, adjust your policy, raise your deductible, remove rental car reimbursement if there, change your annual mileage to a less ammount, change its usage to a pleasure vehicle driven only on weekends not during commuting time when risk is higher. I pay $168 for 6 months through 21st Century for my truck doing it that way. Just trying to help. always enjoy burning the system :jester:

haha seeing as ive put over 25k on my truck in a year, i dont think they will go for the "weekend vehicle" thing. and well to be honest it was probably more my fault then his, and my deductible is $500 anyways, so I'm just gonna eat the $900 and not risk my rates going up.

oh yeah and BTW, I already pay $190/month, and thats as a named insurer on my fathers policy

haha seeing as ive put over 25k on my truck in a year, i dont think they will go for the "weekend vehicle" thing. and well to be honest it was probably more my fault then his, and my deductible is $500 anyways, so I'm just gonna eat the $900 and not risk my rates going up.

oh yeah and BTW, I already pay $190/month, and thats as a named insurer on my fathers policy

i see, one last thing, since ur on a family policy try assigning ur dad as sole driver of the truck if not already, that might adjust the rates down, since u have the least driving experience be assigned driver on the least valued vehicle on policy. Again just trying to help, my dad was a Farmers agent for 25 yrs, he taught me all the tricks :jester: Hope your truck gets fixed soon!

idk if that will work, the truck is in my name. but ill check it out. and the truck will hopefully get fixed soon, if i get the new job im applying for i will have the money soon, otherwise it will have to wait until the tax return in the spring

My lane slowed almost to a stop so I started went to move into the right lane, the other guy was speeding up on the right and I expected him to slow down but he didn't even try to and as I was moving over I clipped his front end

i see, one last thing, since ur on a family policy try assigning ur dad as sole driver of the truck if not already, that might adjust the rates down, since u have the least driving experience be assigned driver on the least valued vehicle on policy. Again just trying to help, my dad was a Farmers agent for 25 yrs, he taught me all the tricks :jester: Hope your truck gets fixed soon!

:withstupid: that's how we did it my dads on as the driver of my SS and I'm the driver on the 92 civic work car :jester: