South Dakota

• 4 weeks later...

The SD guys always have an annual Black Hills cruise just before bike week :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Annual before bike week? When did this start? Only one I've ever known about was the one we did in Aug '09 and there were others talked about, but never took place as far as I know? After Derek left the site I haven't really seen too much interest on here about SoDak meets....

I'm here in Mobridge and there is another guy here in town with a red one. Haven't seen any others around this part of South Dakota. I have see 2 reds, a black and a blue with a tribal striping kit in Sioux Falls and also passed a few on I29, but otherwise I don't know of any besides of the guys out in the hills.

I'd be cool with trying to get another cruise set up in the spring as there was also some interest from a few guys in NoDak and 1 or 2 in MN. Any ideas, lemme know.

Scott

I'm interested - I want to see the black hills! :cool:

I'm down. Got family on both ends of the state.

Awesome. Would the spring work...? The Black Hills is sweet in the winter time, but tax season is fast approaching which means I won't see light until April 18th... So if it works for after that, we can work on getting something lined up.

Mr P - you used to keep in contact with Derek right? Have you heard from him at all?

drove from kansas city in my SSS to the last one

Yes, yes you did. Would you be interested in doing it again and bringing some KS folk with ya?

Awesome. Would the spring work...?

No - everyone in the midwest is saving-up to go to the national GTG in KC on Memorial Day; I would suggest late summer, because when it is hotter than hell here in the south a 2-day Black Hills cruise would be just fantastic.

Mr P - you used to keep in contact with Derek right? Have you heard from him at all?

The last I spoke with Derek was just before they had their twins; I think he got caught-up in that fatherhood change of life, he has a very demanding job anyways and now I'm sure his time is very consumed. But you're right we need to visit, Derek and his wife are terriffic people. Shame he had to sell that truck.

No - everyone in the midwest is saving-up to go to the national GTG in KC on Memorial Day; I would suggest late summer, because when it is hotter than hell here in the south a 2-day Black Hills cruise would be just fantastic.

The last I spoke with Derek was just before they had their twins; I think he got caught-up in that fatherhood change of life, he has a very demanding job anyways and now I'm sure his time is very consumed. But you're right we need to visit, Derek and his wife are terriffic people. Shame he had to sell that truck.

Oh yeah, KC... Memorial Day is usually a hectic time for me so I don't know if I can make that one work or not? Late summer would be fine as last time we did the last weekend of August and it was very nice. If we worked around that time frame again, I would think it would be best because it would be late enough for nice weather and to miss the Rally, unless everyone wants to try to mingle in amongst that? Just a thought! We have time with this one! :)