E-Fan Group Purchase Failure

misterp

I have just confirmed that there is a significant failure of persons in this current group purchase to follow through on their stated purchase committments. As this development of group purchase non-payment has left the program with less than the required six orders, I am cancelling this EFan Group Purchase - those terms are null and void.

For those persons that did send payment for their EFan kit - I am personally covering the shortfall and covering the necessary production costs, and will ship the products you ordered, however there will be a 10-day delay in shipment largely due to the Thanksgiving holiday break. I will be calling each of you to discuss this in person during the next several days.

For those who failed to follow-through on this group purchase, I am selling your kits at full retail ($559 each).

And effective immediately, EFan kits will not be offered under group purchase terms.

Mr. P.

sorry to see the gb fall through Steve. I wish i could have gotten in on it and helped you meet your minimum order but it just wasnt in my budget right now. Hope you get everything straightened out on both ends of the spectrum. cheers.gif

That is a bummer deal Mr. P! I'm sorry that you kinda got screwed on this deal. You put a lot of time and effort (not to mention your thought process) into building an excellent product. If you get stuck with a few extra kits, please let me know, I will ask around here and see if anyone is interested.

... I'm sorry that you kinda got screwed on this deal...

Thanks for your sincere concern, it's going to work out in time - and I am working on another avenue to still be able to meet the delivery deadline I originally published.

Mr. P.

Shit if I had known about this at the time of buy in, I would've been all over this...

Sorry to hear dude :(

Steve you definately have a great roduct and am also sorry about the group buy issue i def. plan on ordering a kit from you sometime next year since i just made a large purchase on my ss it is not in my current budget.

Sorry to see this Steve, but in all honesty, this seems like the common thing around this comunity. Everyone always barks up a storm of how they would buy "x" amount of product if someone would just do a group purchase at price "y" and when it happens, the vast majority end up flaking out and usually falling short of the minimum number of participants needed in a group buy. It's a real shame, hopefully you will recover your losses soon, as I know you had to front a large chunk of change to put together your top notch product.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Sorry to see this Steve, but in all honesty, this seems like the common thing around this comunity. Everyone always barks up a storm of how they would buy "x" amount of product if someone would just do a group purchase at price "y" and when it happens, the vast majority end up flaking out and usually falling short of the minimum number of participants needed in a group buy. It's a real shame, hopefully you will recover your losses soon, as I know you had to front a large chunk of change to put together your top notch product.

Agree. AND a pretty stand up guy for keeping the true orders at the quoted price...he didn't have to do that.

...this seems like the common thing around this comunity...the vast majority end up flaking out ...

I want to address this very point, just so that there is no ambiguity about my position on this, and that position is: sh!t happens. Sh!t happens to those that wanted to buy the kit, and they had to budget those funds elsewhere, I understand, and I will deal.

I am very proud of the efan kit, and flattered at the attention and praise it receives; the upside is all the positive feedback and market interest, the downside is the reality that not everyone is in the position to just drop five-hundred bucks on a truck accessory, let alone the additional monies required for the alternator upgrade; most have to seriously budget for that kind of outlay. It's reality, and I totally understand that - it's why I have a 'guaging interest' thread, then a separate 'ordering thread', to build in enough time for guys to budget.

What guys don't realize is that I made committments on their stated intentions; each shroud is laser-cut and CNC bent by a top aerospace manufacturer - I don't just grab a scrap piece of aluminum and cut out a shroud with a jigsaw in the garage! :yellow_loser: Meaning, I have to schedule a production run and the lead-time on the shop floor is many weeks in advance. So this week I was in the position of messing with their production schedule (by last-minute aborting a scheduled tooling change), and they were not happy with that at all - I would be the cause of their machines and staff sitting around idle for an entire morning; so I decided to make up the shortfall to keep the original scheduled production run. I do want to continue making the efan kits, but the lesson learned here is that the Group Purchase retailing model is not reliable enough for the suppliers which rely on my ordering committments and the logistical realities of modern mass production.

No hard feelings. Lesson learned. Onward, and upward.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I want to address this very point, just so that there is no ambiguity about my position on this, and that position is: sh!t happens. Sh!t happens to those that wanted to buy the kit, and they had to budget those funds elsewhere, I understand, and I will deal.

I am very proud of the efan kit, and flattered at the attention and praise it receives; the upside is all the positive feedback and market interest, the downside is the reality that not everyone is in the position to just drop five-hundred bucks on a truck accessory, let alone the additional monies required for the alternator upgrade; most have to seriously budget for that kind of outlay. It's reality, and I totally understand that - it's why I have a 'guaging interest' thread, then a separate 'ordering thread', to build in enough time for guys to budget.

What guys don't realize is that I made committments on their stated intentions; each shroud is laser-cut and CNC bent by a top aerospace manufacturer - I don't just grab a scrap piece of aluminum and cut out a shroud with a jigsaw in the garage! :yellow_loser: Meaning, I have to schedule a production run and the lead-time on the shop floor is many weeks in advance. So this week I was in the position of messing with their production schedule (by last-minute aborting a scheduled tooling change), and they were not happy with that at all - I would be the cause of their machines and staff sitting around idle for an entire morning; so I decided to make up the shortfall to keep the original scheduled production run. I do want to continue making the efan kits, but the lesson learned here is that the Group Purchase retailing model is not reliable enough for the suppliers which rely on my ordering committments and the logistical realities of modern mass production.

No hard feelings. Lesson learned. Onward, and upward.

Mr. P.

Class Act :thumbsup: