Spectre Cold Air Intake

Mike Frey

i know this has proly been posted a thousand times, but i need to know asap please.

what are your thoughts on a spectre cold air intake for a 5.3 vortec with custom tune, long tubes, no cats and shift kit with servos?

is other high priced intakes that much better?

Thanks, Mike

:dbanana: a CAI is a CAI in my opinion, the differences between any is so minimal. where ur gonna feel is in the pocket so why not save? if u want real noticeable differences get blown :thumbs:

edit: btw, nice truck, almost got those 330's in black and chrome myself

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

:dbanana: a CAI is a CAI in my opinion, the differences between any is so minimal. where ur gonna feel is in the pocket so why not save? if u want real noticeable differences get blown :thumbs:

edit: btw, nice truck, almost got those 330's in black and chrome myself

thats what i was thinking lol. and thanks bro im repainting it in autobody this year the new silverado black, and a whole list of things!

Mike, Ive been running one for almost a yr now. Love the intake an for the price you cant beat it. The reason K&N is so expensive ur paying for the name. So flow better than others but for the money Spectre is a good call.

thanks for the info man! im gonna ask for a spectre cold air intake for christmas:yellow_loser:

I run the spectre intake as well its the samething as the AEM just with out the AEM dryflow filter if you put an AEM dryflow filter on it youll have an AEM Brute force minus the AEM brute force sticker. I personally switched out the spectre filter with a K&N filter and I couldnt be happier. Some people I guess noticed a 2 or 3 horse difference on the dyno with some of the higer priced once but I dont say its worth the money a CAI is a CAI they all do the samething the most important thing is the filter so Id get the spectre and just put a higer quality filter on it but even so the spectre one isnt to bad either!

I just have the stock box with a triangle cut into the front bottom and a spectre drop-in.. I did notice a tad more engine noise so it must have done something. I don't believe in CAIs being worth the money, but I would love to get one basically cuz the stock unit is so big and to clean it up some.

I just have the stock box with a triangle cut into the front bottom and a spectre drop-in.. I did notice a tad more engine noise so it must have done something. I don't believe in CAIs being worth the money, but I would love to get one basically cuz the stock unit is so big and to clean it up some.

yeah thats what i did to my stock one. cut i big ass hole in the bottom and took the metal plate under it out.. and yeah im the same way man just wanna clean up the compartment for more room

Are these trucks running a MAF sensor? I havent been able to look yet. But watch the oil on the oiled air filters. That stuff can make a mess of a MAF sensor and really screw engine performance. I watched a FORD (yes I know ford, but still) on a dyno once. Ran a pass.. Cleaned MAF sensor, and threw down 70HP more the second run. Now thats an extreme case but. Just a FYI. I quit using oiled filters.

Are these trucks running a MAF sensor? I havent been able to look yet. But watch the oil on the oiled air filters. That stuff can make a mess of a MAF sensor and really screw engine performance. I watched a FORD (yes I know ford, but still) on a dyno once. Ran a pass.. Cleaned MAF sensor, and threw down 70HP more the second run. Now thats an extreme case but. Just a FYI. I quit using oiled filters.

yeah ive heard the same. im using the dry filter