F/S: Magnaflow Cats

zachm89

Taking the high flow cats back off my truck, they have about 5k miles on them give or take. Magnaflow part # is 59959. http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic_converters/02product/displayuniversal.asp?universal=59959

They are a fairly small cat and they fit great behind any set of long tubes and still have plenty of room to run a 3'' y-pipe. Asking $100 + shipping for both firm. Ill take some pics when they are off the truck but they are the same ones as in the link.

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

i still think if the tune is dialed in correctly and not running rich you could still pass emissions with them. like i said though im not totally sure on that though because i have never had to deal with it. i dont live in Cali so i cant honestly say, hell i dont even live in an emissions county. all they do here is a visual inspection, but there are ways of getting around that fingersx.gif

Dose anyone know if I will pass smog with these cats and a set of long tubes here in california I have an 06 SS if that matters

The short answer is NO..For one, LT headers arte illegal..so you fail the visual..And the cats cannot be moved..does every single tech know where they orig were??

The long answer is Yes with a little creativity...I passed with the 2 1/2" version with lt's..I went to JBA and got a CARB label and tig/tack welded it on my primary..then put a 195* tstat and spot on tune...just have to know the right people...

-Passing the visual and passing the sniffer arte two seperate obstacles

The short answer is NO..For one, LT headers arte illegal..so you fail the visual..And the cats cannot be moved..does every single tech know where they orig were??

The long answer is Yes with a little creativity...I passed with the 2 1/2" version with lt's..I went to JBA and got a CARB label and tig/tack welded it on my primary..then put a 195* tstat and spot on tune...just have to know the right people...

-Passing the visual and passing the sniffer arte two seperate obstacles

The visual shouldn't be to hard to pass it's just everything else that sucks

wrong. longtube headers are NOT illegal in almost every state, maybe not cali but for damn sure 100% legal in texas. i have a fake cat for visual inspection behind the crossmember. it has passed TWICE in the last year for visual. as long as the cats are there (u only have to have 1 in texas if ur running a y pipe).

as far as smog, they wont pass UNLESS ur fuel is leaned out dramatically which is not safe.