Corsa Exhaust

Mangione

So I just put the corsa touring side exit cat back exhaust on my 03 ss and I was alittle disapointed on how quite it is !! I heard from a number of people that the touring was the way to go over the sport due to the drown that the sport gives off ! Just wondering if maybe some how I recieved the wrong muffler ??? Or is there a break in period ?? It sounds 100% stock and I am def not happy I spent all the money for a good name exhaust that sounds stock !! What do u guys think ??

So I just put the corsa touring side exit cat back exhaust on my 03 ss and I was alittle disapointed on how quite it is !! I heard from a number of people that the touring was the way to go over the sport due to the drown that the sport gives off ! Just wondering if maybe some how I recieved the wrong muffler ??? Or is there a break in period ?? It sounds 100% stock and I am def not happy I spent all the money for a good name exhaust that sounds stock !! What do u guys think ??

Hey man I've heard mixed reviews on the matter at hand. Some love it some hate it. I ditched my stock for a Borla XR-1 and man does it scream.

A Corsa catback isnt going to give you drone no matter which system you choose. They actually spend the R&D time and dollars to make a quality part. I got my touring catback off a mislabeled egay ad for $230 shipped, so I wasnt 'extremely' disappointed with it. If you bought your brand new, give it a little time and it will get a little louder after some good heat cycles. The sport is great for some, but way too raspy for me. I had a lot of loud a55 mustangs and wanted something a little quieter in the truck. The touring is perfect for me :takealook: . Post up that you want to trade for a sport muffler, I've seen plenty of people who have a sport that is just too loud for them. They are interchangeable and their only real difference is there is a smooth plate welded inside the exhaust inlet side of the sport muffler and the touring is perforated from front to rear inside. Hope this helps. :pepsicheer:

Edited by 1BAD2K (see edit history)

If you need someone to take that touring catback off your hands, i'm the guy to do it. Really, i'd buy it, but realistically, as mentioned above you shouldn't have any trouble trading out the muffler with someone that has a sport. If you don't want to keep it and can't find anyone to trade, let me know and we can try to work out a deal. I'm in the market for the touring exhaust very soon. Mike

thanks for the input!! i def want my ss to be loud. im very happy with the overall quality of the system, def well crafted. Im debating now on a header set up, was looking at doing the obx long tubes or my second pick was the dynomax set up. performace wise i know i will be happy with either but i want a setup that is going to last and not crack or become a problem. any input on these setups???

i have a set of dynatech lts with highflow cats that will be for sale very soon. less than 2k miles

My last SS had these followed by magnaflow dual out the back, sorry shaun, no pun intended. I really liked the setup. It was a little loud and stock car-ish for my neighborhood, but sounded great. Might be just what you're looking for.

I had put the Touring on my truck a few weeks ago. I thought it was too quiet for my taste. Just got the Sport on last Friday. Much better and no drone at all. Do not hear to much noise in the cab until you get into it some but at idle and low rpm's it now has some sound to it. Now it is time to get rid of the touring muffler.