Dealership Oil Change Netted Higher Oil Pressure And Lower Mpg ?

Had my 100K mile oil change a week ago. Besides trying to sell me $700 service package I have a strange problem. ($200 parts rest labor :thumbsdown: )

My truck always runs 40 PSi at highway speeds and gets 18-20 MPG (non SS 5.3 2003 ext)

Now at freeway speeds Im nearing 50 psi and 15-16 MPG No other change was made and the shift started the moment I left dealer.... No SES light same gas as always and a few tanks ran through...

I questioned dealer and they said I need that $700 service to fix? Im thinking they used some thick oil and thought they were screwing someone that wouldnt put 2 and 2 together...

What do you think,.

PS this same dealer painted over rust and flaking paint and used Zip ties to reattach the front bumper Valance.... Yes I didnt notice till well after I got it home.... My fault for not having a fine enough comb to search but this Oil change buisness is killing me...

sounds odd to me but the 50 psi is a good thing. mightve used some thicker oil???? :confused: The lower mpg blows though. might be related ot if they did use higher viscosity oil.

I have to disagree on the oil pressure. Higher doenst mean better. The old 10 PSi per 1000 RPM is not the rule anymore. 5 psi at idle with a 55 PSI max is good on aGen 1 small block with moddern Oil and clearances. Gen 3 small blocks are inline with this. Heck some prostock motors run 0 PSI idle and top out at 12 PSI and last entire seasons.

I feel power is down a bit also. I have a case of 5-30 Royal Purple sitting on the shelf for next oil change..