Top Gear - American Version

Stitches040

Hey All ...

So it's finally a slow night at work ... We are sitting here watching the new "American" version of Top Gear on the History Channel. I personally, am not overly impressed. I know I'm only 30 minutes into the first episode, but is it me, or is it just missing something?

I know I truly love the original BBC show, and I am comparing it to that standard ... but something is truly lacking on this show ...

Any thoughts ... ???

not as good as the brits but still a good show

there are over 1500 comments on face book page, almost all say SUCKED.

i say put michael waltrip, and ken block with tanner faust and get some new writers.

i was not impressed at all

there are over 1500 comments on face book page, almost all say SUCKED.

i say put michael waltrip, and ken block with tanner faust and get some new writers.

i was not impressed at all

yea what made top gear a great show was that it was goofy and funny. the american one is to serious

edit : also im willing to give them some time to build a chemistry. it was only the first show of the season hopefully it will get better

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

It’s now week 4 or 5 ... I'm watching it now. The one with the race from Miami to Key West.

Sad to say, there still is no chemistry between the hosts. Have the skits seem that they are over rehearsed. What bothers me is that they are doing exactly the same stunts/skits/missions as their British counterpart. This gets really old, and quick. It seems that there is no originality in this version. (Not the host's fault.)

Well ... I gave it a shot, but I do still not like it ...

The british top gear is my favorite show on tv ever!

I do enjoy then american version a lot too. When watching it you have to forget about the british version or you will spend the whole time making comparisons. If you just watch it and say to yoursel: im watching this show about 3 guys playing with and talking cars. And then it is a much better show.

I agree that they are a little too serious.

Come on guys! You have the greatest jobs in the world! Lighten up and enjoy!

Do you know what I would give to have there job!