Adam'S Black Friday Sale

3d3438ec.png

Check out the Specials and Detail Kits Section

New kits just for the holidays, special discounts

Even a few new items like our Ultimate Fire Hose Nozzle!!

~~Enter the code BLACKFRIDAY2010 at Checkout~~

HURRY!! Sale Ends November 30th at Midnight!!

Edited by Dylan@Adams (see edit history)

Sweet. I am going to take advantage of this. I am going to place an order.

Dylan, I remember seeing something on the Adam's forum about using the MSW with the Flex and it not working very well. I do have a couple black Lake Country pads, will it work alright with those? I do not want to buy the PC just for application purposes.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Sweet. I am going to take advantage of this. I am going to place an order.

Dylan, I remember seeing something on the Adam's forum about using the MSW with the Flex and it not working very well. I do have a couple black Lake Country pads, will it work alright with those? I do not want to buy the PC just for application purposes.

MSW is a bit of a bear to work with if its not applied thin and even... the Flex has a hard time doing that. You end up with highs and lows in the application, leading to uneven appearance or difficult removal. You can give it a shot, but just pay very close attention to how you apply it and give it ample cure time. The only way I've been able to get manageable application of MSW out of the flex is to use our Hex faced pads and a speed setting around 2.

MSW is a bit of a bear to work with if its not applied thin and even... the Flex has a hard time doing that. You end up with highs and lows in the application, leading to uneven appearance or difficult removal. You can give it a shot, but just pay very close attention to how you apply it and give it ample cure time. The only way I've been able to get manageable application of MSW out of the flex is to use our Hex faced pads and a speed setting around 2.

That kinda sucks. I'll have to put some thought into this.

Keep in mind its not impossible, just not nearly as easy as it is with the PC.... for whatever reason the forced rotation on the Flex doesn't allow the pad to spread the product evenly.

Like I said, if you are gonna go for it, just grab one of the hex faced PC gray pads for application, run the flex at speed 2 and keep the pressure light. It'll spread, you'll just have to pay close attention to it while you work to ensure even application. In the event its uneven the problem you'll run into is mostly in removal. It'll be a bit more work to remove, if its giving you problems a shot of detail spray will make it much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a killer combination, but anytime you lay a glaze down under something there will be a slight loss of durability. The benefit will be a deeper/wetter looking shine... so if you keep up on it the benefit outweighs the very slight loss in durability. Americana on its own looks utterly fantastic so don't feel you HAVE TO go the BG+APW route... I know its popular on the forum, but we are heading into winter, how good do you really need it to look right now??

If the truck is garaged, sees average exposure to the elements, and is maintained using a pH neutral soap you can expect a few months of life from 2 thin coats of Americana... less depending on the frequency and severity of exposure.

Edited by Dylan@Adams (see edit history)

Its a killer combination, but anytime you lay a glaze down under something there will be a slight loss of durability. The benefit will be a deeper/wetter looking shine... so if you keep up on it the benefit outweighs the very slight loss in durability. Americana on its own looks utterly fantastic so don't feel you HAVE TO go the BG+APW route... I know its popular on the forum, but we are heading into winter, how good do you really need it to look right now??

If the truck is garaged, sees average exposure to the elements, and is maintained using a pH neutral soap you can expect a few months of life from 2 thin coats of Americana... less depending on the frequency and severity of exposure.

Unfortunatly I am still using Zaino for winters protection. Just trying to finish up the bottle. The Adam's is going to be for the summer. This spring will consist of some correction then followed by Americana and then maintained with detail spray between washes. I am probably going to skip the BG.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)