Remote Start

pjjr87

Has anyone ever installed the AC Delco made by DEI remote start? Supposedly it allows the use of our original OEM key fobs by clicking the lock button 3 times to start the truck. I have been looking all over the internet for more information and have only found bits and pieces of info. I found a listing for one at this website http://www.autotechs.com/items/item499.htm If someone else has any more info on this please let me know if its worth my while. I don't really want to go with the aftermarket brands I like the OEM type for my 03' SS.

Thanks

Has anyone ever installed the AC Delco made by DEI remote start? Supposedly it allows the use of our original OEM key fobs by clicking the lock button 3 times to start the truck. I have been looking all over the internet for more information and have only found bits and pieces of info. I found a listing for one at this website http://www.autotechs.com/items/item499.htm If someone else has any more info on this please let me know if its worth my while. I don't really want to go with the aftermarket brands I like the OEM type for my 03' SS.

Thanks

I've done similar remote starts in a few vehicles... they're stupid. You spend as much time as putting in a real starter only to have one that has almost no features and nothing for range and cost almost the same.

Totally not worth it if you ask me.

It you don't want a remote then get a starter and a smartphone system like compustar drone or viper smartstart.

I've done similar remote starts in a few vehicles... they're stupid. You spend as much time as putting in a real starter only to have one that has almost no features and nothing for range and cost almost the same.

Totally not worth it if you ask me.

It you don't want a remote then get a starter and a smartphone system like compustar drone or viper smartstart.

Thanks man, I didn't want another remote but now that I am looking at other remote starts like viper I see they do have way more features. I think i will go with that instead, your right.

Thanks man, I didn't want another remote but now that I am looking at other remote starts like viper I see they do have way more features. I think i will go with that instead, your right.

No problem, I just call em like I sees them.