New Personal Best

slowfive0

New personal best for me:

• 12.21 et
  • 110.21 mph
  • 1.7 60 ft

This was with flowmasters. What's the fastest that someone has gone with one of these radix trucks using flowmasters? Many say they are restrictive, but I think the times speak for themselves. Wish I had one more weekend to try and drop the exhaust....

Unfortunately, no vids. All my hardcore racing buddies wimped out and said it was too cold to come out today. Ended up being a beautiful sunny day with minimal wind though so their loss.

I'm still up in the air on future goals. I was leaning towards a TVS 1900 or 2300 or possibly even a stroker, but now I'm kind of thinking about switching gears and just optimizing what I have. I have an e-fan setup coming and I'm looking for a 90mm tb/j-tube setup.

Might try my hand at seeing what this radix can do with some meth, nitrous and one of those improved intercoolers that they're now making. Everyone jumped ship for the new TVS blowers (I don't blame them), but since I already have the radix, it might be fun to see what it can do. I'm referring to this intercooler btw:

http://www.shop.trickperformanceproducts.com/112-122-single-pass-intercooler-112-122-Intercooler.htm

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466096

Hard to say as that is a ton of money to spend when I could just cut my losses and move up to a TVS.......

Whoa! That's an awesome time!!! Where's the vid? jkbiggrinjester.gif That's pretty cool that even with the flowmasters it still ran an awesome time! peelout.gif

:thumbs: great times...I am estimated to be in that range after my tune is tweaked abit with cool temps....I do have super 44 flowmasters, lts, maggie 122 (3.4 pulley)....I have extremely happy with the flowmaster mufflers and wouldnt change them! I havent noticed any loss of power with the super 44s or the magnaflows (that I had before this setup). Actually, I have noticed a better launch with the flowmasters....Great times...good luck with the future mods and get that truck in the 11s!:cheers:

you are at the wall, I would not hope out on much more, espically when the temps are back up. I would still be on the look out for a 'better' blower...even a 122 would be a good upgrade. I just think you'll lose alot of HP when its not so cold out and then you'll be right backl in the position of wanting to go faster.

great run, Lapeer? I remember going to stanton for this weekend and got some good numbers.

Nice work! Post up what made the biggest gains for you.

Like Joe said, the heat will be your Achilles heal with the lil ol' 112. That was one of the reasons I chose to move on from the Radix. While you can pop some great numbers in the cold, the summer months it will feel very sluggish. I saw E.T. swings of about 0.5 from the hottest days to the coldest.

Although, from speaking with you, I'll bet you have some more in it under ideal track conditions.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Thanks man! I'm very pleased with the sound and I'm not convinced they are hurting my performance in a big way. I still plan to drop the exhaust in the spring and test that theory though---lol! Hopefully, the flowmasters really do suck and I pick up 2 or 3 tenths :driving:

You'll have to post up about your combo. I'm curious about those 122 units. Seems like a great unit on paper, but you don't hear much about them.

:thumbs: great times...I am estimated to be in that range after my tune is tweaked abit with cool temps....I do have super 44 flowmasters, lts, maggie 122 (3.4 pulley)....I have extremely happy with the flowmaster mufflers and wouldnt change them! I havent noticed any loss of power with the super 44s or the magnaflows (that I had before this setup). Actually, I have noticed a better launch with the flowmasters....Great times...good luck with the future mods and get that truck in the 11s!:cheers:

You're absolutely right! I think I'll be fine with some more bolt on's (fan, tb) but beyond that, I'll probably just wait and upgrade. I'm happy with how it runs right now----summer with temps in the 80's/90's and high humidity is a sure recipe for SUCK! LOL!

It was Lapeer as they were the only track left that was still open. Kind of bummed because they weren't prepping the track at all (not even the line) because of the temps and I was spinning pretty hard. I'm sure any decent prep and maybe some heat from more cars could have droppped my 60's in the 1.6's which would have obviously helped me drop into the low low 12's...... Sigh, always wanting more...... :banghead:

you are at the wall, I would not hope out on much more, espically when the temps are back up. I would still be on the look out for a 'better' blower...even a 122 would be a good upgrade. I just think you'll lose alot of HP when its not so cold out and then you'll be right backl in the position of wanting to go faster.

great run, Lapeer? I remember going to stanton for this weekend and got some good numbers.

I always had most of the combo of parts to go fast, but I had to get everything working together first. When I got the truck it wouldn't maintain fuel pressure worth a crap under load (dropping into the 40's). I fixed the fuel pump wiring (excessive voltage drop) and got the voltage stepup box to work (was wired wrong). That fixed those problems. Beyond that, I'm sure the long tubes and 3" exhaust had some impact, but how much is hard to tell. I'm sure the long tubes helped, but the jury is out if the flowmasters took some of the gain away....

By far the biggest gains were realize from the tune. I had a friend (local tuner) put a base tune in it and it immediately went 12.60's in mid to high 70 temps this past fall. The mph was pretty low (104) which was primarily due to the mild tune (not a lot of timing while in 3rd). As the truck spends a good part of its time in 3rd (probably half the pass), and my truck was only running at 13.5-14 degrees of timing in this area of the map. I tweaked the map and was able to get the truck to take around 20 degrees pretty much most of the pass. Between that and getting some timing added in the table where the truck was launching made huge gains for me. When the truck went 12.60's, it would barely turn the tires over. Now it spins the shit out of them! :driving:

I owe Kevin a ton for all of his help and guidance throughout this process! Without him, I'd probably be running 14's or have blown it up by now. Thanks man!!!! :thumbsup:

Nice work! Post up what made the biggest gains for you.

Like Joe said, the heat will be your Achilles heal with the lil ol' 112. That was one of the reasons I chose to move on from the Radix. While you can pop some great numbers in the cold, the summer months it will feel very sluggish. I saw E.T. swings of about 0.5 from the hottest days to the coldest.

Although, from speaking with you, I'll bet you have some more in it under ideal track conditions.

Thanks Mr. P!!!!

Congrats on the new PB - that's really packing the mail with the Radix. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Yes, tires and wheels were stock. No weight reduction (speaker box, etc) and not even pulling in the mirrors. I have a tonneau cover on it though. Truck weighs 5500 lbs with me in it. I'm very happy with the truck/combo! I'm really pretty surprised at what these setups are capable of considering the weight. My driveability is great and mileage seems as good as any stock 6.0 truck that I've drove as long as I drive it easy (pretty hard to do though---lol).

I'm really interested in what a TVS 2300 could do on this setup. I have to think that mid 11's should be easy considering what some of the guys have done with just the TVS 1900 (Trevor for example). However, from what I understand the TVS 2300 while it makes great power does give up a little on the bottom compared to the radix or even the 1900.....? I'd like to add a 408 + the TVS 2300 and see what it does, but I don't want to impact the fuel economy in a negative manner since this is truly my daily driver (30-35K a year!). They say that bigger cubes will hurt you in that aspect........I wonder if the bigger cubes will considering if it is more efficient at lower speeds and moves the truck easier.........See my theory. Thoughts on that?

I've been wanting to run some of this by you, but I didn't want to bother you knowing how busy you are. Take care.

That is an impressive time. Was that on the 20's?

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)