Wtb, Dual Battery Set Up Items.

joeyg

I'm just seeing if anyone has a good connection to this stuff or if anyone is selling their truck and doesn't want to "give" the set up away when they sell.

I'm getting more familiar with what I'm gonna need each day, I'll start with the battery tray on the right side (but I do need everything).

Any help/hook up would be appreciated.

Edited by finallyss (see edit history)

No, I wish it were that easy. It'd be done if it were.

There's a couple/few different ways it can be done. It would be too much to ask of the (upgraded to) 145 amp alternator to charge both batteries at the same time, so there's a device that can automatically charge each indivually at different driving conditions (more like different key positions). I don't remember what it's called. I may not even be right and that's ok too, like I said, I'm still learning.

You got plans for a 6.0 swap? May push the limits of the AWD tho :jester:. :chillpill:

look for the escalade stuff. they have the harness and most of the misc stuff...I think the GMC full size SUV had the dual batteries also.

edit:

15942731-CABLE;NEGATIVE AUX BAT

15942730-CABLE;POSITIVE AUX BAT

25862351-CABLE;POSITIVE AUX BAT RH

21021808-NUT (QTY 2)

11517293-NUT (QTY 2)

12135194-RELAY;AUX BAT

15881616-COVER;AUX BAT POS JUNCTION BLOCK

14005061-RETAINER;AUX BAT HOLDOWN

11509853-BOLT;AUX BAT HOLDOWN

From GM Truck Forum. This is for a GMT-900 Truck.

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

look for the escalade stuff. they have the harness and most of the misc stuff...I think the GMC full size SUV had the dual batteries also.

edit:

Wow, I didn't even think about checking out the GM full size or Caddy stuff, thanks!

...and for the part numbers, that helps a lot, was close to getting the kit from Summit, it's fully automatic... nice to see I've got even more options now.

escalades are the most stolen car/truck so I would also look at junk yards...most dont know what that set of wiring is and you could pull it off intact you could see how it fits in the engine bay. It is a red wire that runs along the cowl, to the second batt location, if you are looking for it under the hood.

i believe what you are also going to need is a dual battery isolator. + comes off the alternator and goes to the isolator, then splits into both batteries.

Must have one hell of an audio/accessory setup to need dual batteries!!

I'm not going to do the isolator, due to a bunch of research (voltage drop and just more crap to fail)... just the PAC-200, battery, cables and a jump switch in the cab for in-cab jumping the truck if needed.

Not really that big of a system at all. But I recently went to 145 amp alt cause elec fans soon and my battery died (didn't notice battery probs and had to replace) just from the alarm, gps stuff, tunes... I'd rather spend a few bucks and go dual battery then ever have to walk away from an unprotected truck. It prolly is overkill, but that's ok.

Thanks and appreciate the info.

escalades are the most stolen car/truck so I would also look at junk yards...most dont know what that set of wiring is and you could pull it off intact you could see how it fits in the engine bay. It is a red wire that runs along the cowl, to the second batt location, if you are looking for it under the hood.

Cool, thanks! Now to call around on Monday...