Lubricants

arturomoreno

Well as long you run the properly rated fluids as far as oil weight and type, preference is up to you. You'll see many members swearing my a certain oil. Conventional oils and fluids are just fine as long as you change them on time. Synthetics are of course better and last longer but cost more. To me in the end you come out the same really if you think about it. Depends on what you're looking for: performance, long life, save $ etc. If I were to run a conventional motor oil I'd change it every 2K. I personally run Royal Purple in everything, RP motor oil good for 12K, but change it every 6K. All up to you sir.

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

Well I use the Torco sr-1 fully synthetic oil on my silvy, I switched over from convetional a couple of months ago and noticed that my truck runs better and also getting the case of 12Qts at lower than retail price isnt too shaby either!!!:dbanana: . Royal Purple is great also but expensive, I guess i have to be a CHA- millionare like Aaron! :lol:

I'm full Amsoil on my Silverado but have used Mobil1 and Royal Purple in the engine, transmission, and differentials on other vehicles. All of these are excellent choices if you are going the synthetic route.

astroglide-unscented-massage2.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist :jester:

Mr. P. :)

good one

"Always use adequate lubrication, to ensure silent running..." :laugh:

Answering your question, in the truck I personally use Mobil-1 5W-30 engine oil with a Mobil-1 filter, Dexron-III ATF with a bottle of Platinum Lube Guard (friction modifier), GM Auto-Trak II synthetic in the transfer case, and synthetic 75W-90 in the front & rear axles. My reasons for using all these products I've explained several times in very great depth (use search).

Mr. P. :)