My Dash

8 UR HMI

just wanted to post some pics of my cluster we did this past week. cut the dash bezel layover thing so the leds would be 100% blue and no greenish tint to them. still waiting for the time to do all the other little bulbs in the entire truck (except for the radio PITA)

due to how bright christians WHITE LED'S were, we changed the resistors from 480's to 570's and this is on the brightest setting. the whole truck lights up blue inside so this is bright enough for me. only took about 1 hr total from taking it out of the truck, taking it apart, marking where the needles went to putting the new leds in as well. oh and btw i have BLUE turn signals :D

ledgaugecluster.jpg

dashcluster2.jpg

dashcluster3.jpg

DO MINE!

looks great man!

christian will do it if u send him the cluster. 60 plust like 10 shipping and if u want to do the steering wheel controls, lights etc, it will be 10 bucks for each set (driver and passenger window switches, and 10 for steering wheel controls)

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

correction, if u want all switches, door locks, lights on the left, cluster, and a/c done, its 125 plus shipping which is like 10 bucks. i can GUARANTEE the work that christian does. he and jon have done MANY of these and both have identical procedures and stuff. last week alone he did 3 others besides mine and can do, BLUE, WHITE OR RED leds and if u really want, ORANGE for 10 bucks more.

if i want white will my DIC still be that nasty green?

the PRND321 are yellow factory leds buil into the display as well as the odom etc.. we lay a plastic sleeve over them and it can turn them blue or red. if u wanted white it would have to be changed to blue for that part but we can do the white everywhere else.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

About time you did them, looks good!

yea well like 5 of the bulbs were out so while i was replacing them i thought we could do the leds. i dont want red even though my radar detector is red. my alarm led is blue so i said BLUE it is

TO THATALLCANADIAN, if u look in the second picture, u can see the display has a blue cover over it, ( it goes directly on the display under the bezel and plastic and we cut out the factory piece on the layover. i dont have any pics of that but its pretty simple.

Looks sick, were you did you get the bulbs?

christian has is tax ID license thing and gets them discounted. he has about 1000 LED'S at his house and a few hundred resistors. blue white and red.

FOR EVERYONE DOING THIS ON THEIR OWN, u have to sand the top of the led's so u dont get hot spots. lightly sand them til its a milky white.

TO THATALLCANADIAN, if u look in the second picture, u can see the display has a blue cover over it, ( it goes directly on the display under the bezel and plastic and we cut out the factory piece on the layover. i dont have any pics of that but its pretty simple.

Hmmm I see it now, thanks man. I was thinking maybe it was like some sort of adhesive on top of the actual lcd screen.