How Much Paint?

Im going to be painting my truck in a few months and was wondering how much paint is needed. I heard around 6 quarts but dont know if thats with reducer and activator or before them. Plan is still up in the air but im either sticking with arrival blue or going black or possibly going 2tone. Getting a new ram air hood so I have a perfect excuse to paint the whole thing now to make it shine again. Looking into the dupont paints but you know of any suppliers and also any recommended brands. Always great help here! thanks

Im going to be painting my truck in a few months and was wondering how much paint is needed. I heard around 6 quarts but dont know if thats with reducer and activator or before them. Plan is still up in the air but im either sticking with arrival blue or going black or possibly going 2tone. Getting a new ram air hood so I have a perfect excuse to paint the whole thing now to make it shine again. Looking into the dupont paints but you know of any suppliers and also any recommended brands. Always great help here! thanks

-If your just painting the exterior and not doing door jams, inside of bed, and under the hood, ect, I would buy 1 Gallon of the actual paint (4 Quarts) and then have the store give you the correct amounts of reducer and activator to go with it. I helped my friend repaint his 03 Silverado Extended cab and he bought a gallon and still has some left over, which is good to repaint with if any areas don't come out right.

-I've always used PPG but it's really up to you Dupont is excellent as well just don't have any experience with it. Stay away from Napa paint it sucks.

-IMO go with the stock Arrival Blue no two tone but that just my opinion. pepsicheer.gif

I would personally recomend PPG paint go with the dbc line one gallon of paint and one gallon of reducer will get you 2 gallons of rts(ready to spray) paint i would also go with dcu 2021 clear. Any other questions hit me up??

dupont chroma premiere ftw!!!! GM uses dupont btw this paint is good because it also uses a tad of hardener which bonds the clear to the paint alot better and from my experience the clear lays over this paint better than any other ive delt with and ive sprayed just about every brand i could find.

Yeah I really want to keep the arrival blue.. anyone know where I can order some? currently out of the country...ppg have arrival blue? really appreciate the help guys! sorry for the questions but have time limits on the computers and seems faster to ask for help than search it. once again thanks, chris