What Is The Difference?

Vortec6.0

Hello guys i have a question?

What is the difference between VortecMax

(which is a 6.0, right?) and V.H.O?

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado 2500 with a 6.0 and i was just wondering what is the difference between this 3?

thanks guys!

Hello guys i have a question?

What is the difference between VortecMax

(which is a 6.0, right?) and V.H.O?

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado 2500 with a 6.0 and i was just wondering what is the difference between this 3?

thanks guys!

The VHO (Vortec High Output) and a VortecMax truck is essentially the same thing, the VHO's (2004 & 2005) were what they were originally called when they came out, and were only very limitedly available in a couple or so states. Texas was one, but it seems like I recall Oklahoma and possibly Louisiana were the others. The VHO's (option code B4V) were ECSB 2WD trucks with the torsion bar suspension like an SS, just in a plainer wrapper. When they were released for sale in other states in 2006, they became known as the VortecMax and became available in other configurations, ECSB 2WD or 4WD and Crew Cab versions in 2WD and 4WD. As has already been said, the VHO's and VortecMax trucks were equipped with the 10.0:1 LQ9 rated at 345 hp at 5200 rpm and 380 lb·ft of torque at 4000 rpm, while the few other ½ tons that were equipped with a 6.0L and ¾ and 1 tons were equipped with the 9.4:1 LQ4's, rated at 300 hp at 4400 rpm and 365 lb·ft of torque at 4000 rpm in the ¾ and 1 tons, whereas the same motor was rated as high as 335 hp at 5200 rpm and 375 lb·ft of torque at 4000 rpm in vehicles such as the Yukon Denali in 2006. The original 2004 VHO’s were also equipped with a 10-bolt rear axle, while the 2005 and up 2WD VHO’s and later VortecMax trucks were equipped with the 14-bolt rear axle, just like the venerable Silverado SS.

Edited by Bear (see edit history)