Daytime Running Lights

Hello everyone I found some old blue bulbs sitting in my center console the other day and just threw them in my DRL's for fun.....since the bulbs are not very bright, or actually a true blue they dont look that great. This sparked my interest though and was wondering if anyone is running any blue or white bulbs similar to that of an HID or Xenon? I have looked around and havent seemed to come up with anything but I think it would look cool if we were able to run a nice blue or white color instead of the stock amber! So please feel free to share any ideas, or anything other than the stock DRLs! Thankscheers.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my DRL's are white. so not sure why yours are amber. that kinda defeats the purpose of the DRL. unless someone switched them out. as far as i know they make most bulbs in various colors. good luck and let us know how it turns out. gary

I had what i thought were really blue bulbs in my truck at one time, until i installed my HIDs. Then i realized they were not really that blue at all and actually looked very yellow and ugly. So i replaced my DRLs with Sylvania Silverstar DRLs. they are bright amber and look very good. I know there are a few other people that are running the sylvania Silverstar bulbs and they love them.

Here is the only picture i have of my DRLs during the day, sorry its not the best picture

DSC00828-2.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Edit my first post there 4114 bulbs.

I just went on ebay and found them. I would guess that there built in. I also bought Reverse leds that have something like 28 or so bulbs they are wicked bright and i love them

here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4114-Hyper-Amber-LED-Daytime-Running-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0bf4f118QQitemZ180589228312QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1219wt_941

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

probably one of the first thing i ever did was take the bulbs out (sorry guys)

i might go with one of these

!B9Hmyr!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!h!EzeCWN18zBM43Kz,w4Q~~0_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-Bright-LED-Driving-Running-Fog-Lights-CHEVY-/330497598908?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf33125bc

probably one of the first thing i ever did was take the bulbs out (sorry guys)

i might go with one of these

!B9Hmyr!!mk~$(KGrHqZ,!h!EzeCWN18zBM43Kz,w4Q~~0_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-Bright-LED-Driving-Running-Fog-Lights-CHEVY-/330497598908?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf33125bc

Those are kinda cool. Do you use them as Fogs or DRLs or what? and where did you mount them?