E-Fan Help

SuperStock

pretty much anything with a 34" radiator and the fans will work just fine. you can either snag the stock harness off the truck if you want to fool with it or buy one directly from nelson or another member. theres usually a couple floating around the forums.

Yea If I cant get the factory harness, than I will just order it from blackbear. My friend works at the chevy dealer ship and when I order parts there they give me the discount employee price so I was just thinking about piecing it together but I don;t know if that is a good idea?

if you can get a set brand new from the dealer at cost id say go for it! that way if anything ever goes wrong its on them, plus you have the peace of mind of putting new parts on instead of something thats been sitting in a junk yard for months.

The GM fans are a good upgrade; as you discovered, you cannot buy it in "kit form" or "assembled form" from the dealer.

Harness - I would GREATLY recommend you get the complete fan harness from the donor truck, it will save you $$$. You cannot buy just the efan harness from the dealer, because all those wires are bundled in the headlight wiring loom - GM makes you buy the entire headlight & fan control wiring loom = expensive! You need to separate the efan wires from the donor truck, it's not as hard as it sounds and when you've done it once only take a few extra minutes time. You need the add-on relay/fuse block which is inside the electrical center cover.

Yes you will need a tune to activate the EFan circuitry inside the PCM.

Mr. P. :)

Im not sure if you want to do this but this is another way to save you some dough, go to autozone and pick up 2 16" torqflo fane and 1 adjustable e-fan switch kit. The total cost will be about 140-150 for the fans and about 40-50 for the switch kit. When you install them you would keep the stock fan shroud (it helps route the air to the motor instead of all around it) these fans attach to your radiator with bolts or with these nifty zip tie type things, sounds kinda sketchy but ive done this on my truck and my last truck and I have had no problems. The only downfall is having to do some wiring for the switch kit but thats not even so bad.

Tip: the switch kit comes with a wire that you can either connect to the positive side of the a/c compressor wire or to a switch inside the cab. I would conmect it to a switch so you can turn them on at the track while the motor is below the temp where they kick on automatically. Hope this helps bro!

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

Yea I was thinking I could get the fans off and 05 2500HD.

No HD came with efans.

If you do get the stock harness, it is easier to just take your stock one out and replace it with the new one. about 30min of work versus seperating the efan circui out of it. and figuring out how to route it.

...If you do get the stock harness, it is easier to just take your stock one out and replace it with the new one. about 30min of work versus seperating the efan circui out of it. and figuring out how to route it.

DUH a very good idea I would never have thought of!! :yellow_loser: