Door Chime

keno

hello........;new here and just recently got a 2008 silverado and would really like to get rid of the door chimes........I looked at a post by dcairns which had great pics and everything but was for a 2003........opened mine up and it was totally different........I'm not one to go exploring with wiring cuz it scares me a little bit BUT would Really like to shut off the alarms.......I hate them.......any help out there.......remember .mine is a 2008 .......please help.............and thanks for any help,...........ken

hello........;new here and just recently got a 2008 silverado and would really like to get rid of the door chimes........I looked at a post by dcairns which had great pics and everything but was for a 2003........opened mine up and it was totally different........I'm not one to go exploring with wiring cuz it scares me a little bit BUT would Really like to shut off the alarms.......I hate them.......any help out there.......remember .mine is a 2008 .......please help.............and thanks for any help,...........ken

On the 07 new body and up, you can remove the chime and set the lights to turn off auto or pick the settting it gives you its lis 5,10,15 seconds. But the door chime u can remove it or keep it, on your dash cluster you will see a button with writting when it has like lines and then dashing lines, click that ant ull see all the diffrent setting, i also think if you click the check mark on the dash cluster it will aslo give u some setting.