Input? P1516

03SSrado

My 2003 Sss has always been great friends with the Low Fuel light but now is starting to hang out with the check engine light too much. Truck keeps going into protect mode, or reduced engine power.. Its throwing the code p1516 and that looks like its gonna be Throttle Actuator control. Local autoparts stores dont carry them, guess thats a factory part? anyone have tricks to fixin this or getting one?

thanks guys.

I have never heard of that before, but I do know that running the truck super low on gas all the time is really bad for many parts :ph34r:

yeah i know i was jokin around, gas prices just keep on goin up.. umm i looked it up and its sayin throttle actuator control. guessin this takes place of an actual throttle cable since these are electronic??

this code is usually a result of a miss match between the commanded throttle position and the actual.

Check to make sure you don't have carbon build up on your TB, or that it is binding/jamming. Also check all your connections for loose wires between your gas peddle, TAC module and the TB

this code is usually a result of a miss match between the commanded throttle position and the actual.

Check to make sure you don't have carbon build up on your TB, or that it is binding/jamming. Also check all your connections for loose wires between your gas peddle, TAC module and the TB

i will definitely check that. so if all connections are good just clean TB... thanks for the tips

will do, just got her in the garage, turned on the heat and about to start searchin for the problem and clean the TB.

while on this topic, P0455 is an emissions code, would this be CAT? or 02 sensor?

My truck threw those codes a few weeks ago...after some informal reasearch I found out it could be a few things...but not limited to...

bad wiring at throtle control...(dealer sells a repair harness)

low voltage at start up...

P0455 is an emissions code, would this be CAT? or 02 sensor?

That is an EVAP code which stands for a large EVAP leak. Check your gas cap, make sure it is tight.....if the light does not go away after a few days, or comes back after being reset with a scan tool, further testing will be needed in order to find a blockage or faulty valve in the EVAP system......