Black Out The Headlights?

my truck is red, black rims, with tint.. im thinking of getting black headlights but cant find any pics of this combination and dont want to waste money. im a fan of the merked out look not flashy chrome but some things jus dont work

any suggestions?

any advice with blacking out the bo-tie?

post-21522-063295600 1292390743_thumb.jpg

nice truck, get rid of the chrome door handles and i wouldnt worry about the blacked out headlights. just clear them and it will look awesome

i agree, when i painted my SSS, they painted the ducts and bowtie black for me for free and the tail lights too, left the headlights clear and aside from it being a SS, i get alot of attention from it!

post-19514-089640500 1292426284_thumb.jpg

I would just clear em and buy black headlight covers, then u have a cheap easy option depending on what you feel ike doing.

sand ur bowtie w fine grit

wash it, let dry

spray adhesion promoter

then your paint color of choice. I use Duplicolor

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

having darkened headlights is not all its cracked up to be lol. they look good but it gets really annoying when you have to pull over at night to switch your headlights. not to mention getting pulled over by every cop you drive by (atleast in my area). just clear the lenses and your good to go imo.

P1000360.jpg

Im planning on getting some smoked headlights.

If you want blacked out headlights I say go for it. Just be carefull.

The covers really effect your headlights brightness, make sure you get some HIDs if you go with black covers

You could also get Viynl tinting, but i have heard that it fades over time. Plus they are a pain the the ass to install (trust me I tried it myself, did not work out)

You could also soke them yourself with Nitshades, or have it proffessionally done

Personnaly Im thinking about getting some headlights like these My linkThey are smoked and look good but they are not so dark that your vison will be effected, or I know a guy who could smoke my headlights for a real good price

Thats just my 2 Cents

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Here's a red ss with blacked out headlights. Looks sick to me. I have hids and blacked out covers on mine and they look great but have to take them off for night driveing. Kindof a pita if you ask me. I've also tried the black vinyl tint and it worked good untili went to wash it and they just blew off. I am thinking of taking mine apart and paintin the reflector black, looks really good I think. My .02

post-21297-089371000 1292552035_thumb.jpg

Here's a red ss with blacked out headlights. Looks sick to me. I have hids and blacked out covers on mine and they look great but have to take them off for night driveing. Kindof a pita if you ask me. I've also tried the black vinyl tint and it worked good untili went to wash it and they just blew off. I am thinking of taking mine apart and paintin the reflector black, looks really good I think. My .02

hey i recognize that truck!lol. thanks for the compliment btw

Edited by Vidalss (see edit history)