Supercharger

i want to know what is the BEST overall supercharger kit i dont want a super crazy one thats going to require me to do tons and tons of motor and trans mods. i would like one that is just overall great. i herd that vortec has a amazing kit that includes everything i would need but please lmk whats up.

:confused:

For what you are wanting, Magnusson Radix kit + Blackbear performance tune; tell Justin that the transmission is bone stock so he leaves in all the stock torque management settings. :sick:

But such a setup would run low-mid 13-second 1/4-mile times, you could get that level of performance for half the price doing an L92 cylinder head & cam swap. Oh wait my bad - I guess that would qualify as 'tons and tons of motor and trans mods'. :sick:

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

:squintnoeswerdrun: Procharger!!!!! I don't have near the knowledge of mr p but I've had mine a week and my trannys still ok. lmao!!!! I was once told by a fella I call NANCY you can choose 2; Cheap,Fast,Reliable. Needless to say I'm building a tranny because the 4l60e is not very strong anyway muchless for a 6k pound truck.So Procharge it and put vette servos in your stocker ,start saving for or building a tranny and let the obsession begin.

i want to know what is the BEST overall supercharger kit i dont want a super crazy one thats going to require me to do tons and tons of motor and trans mods. i would like one that is just overall great. i herd that vortec has a amazing kit that includes everything i would need but please lmk whats up.

:confused:

IMO there is no BEST supercharger kit... it all depends on what you want as far as performance. each kit is better in certain fields. i would do your research and see what one best fits your needs. if you dont want to be fixing stuff then dont bother buying one at all cause there is more to the game then buying a kit. trans mods are going to come no matter what kit you get , you might be able to delay the process but you will need a trans eventually .

• 2 weeks later...

I think you would be very happy with the magnacharger. A radix can be picked up pretty reasonable used these days so big bonus there. You can start out with the stock size pulley and a nice tune and be happy for a long time. Then if you want to step it up, pulley down and lean on the tune a little.

Plus, if you sell the truck or something, you can just pull it off and use it on the next project or broom it. You'll be able to use the stock converter or a mild converter as well yet still see respectable performance.

I would recommend stock/near stock torque management settings, a good trans cooler, vette servo and shift kit regardless of your direction. These trans are fragile in stock form. Good luck!