Cts-V

firervfd37

IDK good question. Not 100% on this but they have the same engine and drive train. If the coupe is lighter weight than the coupe then the power to weigh ratio is diffrent and should be a litle quicker. Both cars are bamf though. Thats my getting back from Korea gift to myself lol

Is the coupe much faster than the sedan? Looks pretty sharp.

I would not think it would be any faster. Most of the time the coupe weigh about the same as the sadans

I just went on to msn autos, and there is no weight listed for the V coupe, but the regular CTS coupe is actually heavier than the regular CTS Sedan

Im excited, my dad is thinking about selling his M3, and buying a CTS-V Sedan

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I would not think it would be any faster. Most of the time the coupe weigh about the same as the sadans

I just went on to msn autos, and there is no weight listed for the V coupe, but the regular CTS coupe is actually heavier than the regular CTS Sedan

Im excited, my dad is thinking about selling his M3, and buying a CTS-V Sedan

Learn somethg new everyday :idiot: Dan slapping me rofl

P, are they not fast enough without the tune? :jester:

:idiot: nothing's ever fast enough lol, and that's a sweeeeeetttt ride theres a cts-v around here with flames like chases's truck and it sounds mean I cant get him to race, I can tell theres somethings done cam,headers, heads? not sure what all but you can hear its not stock. He was behind me the other day and I couldnt get him to do anything maybe for the best but ill get him eventually lol.

Nope. :devil:

wellll.. first off..i think im the only one but i dont really like the couple..i like the sedan better.. im not even sure why..but i do..lol..im totaly in love with these cars tho..as soon as my SS is sold..i WILL be gettin one!!!!..ive been doin a ton of research on them...and these cars are VERYYYY tuneable...theres 2 major tuners...vette doctors..and wait4me...both have the cts v deeeep in the 10s...last i saw was a 10.32ish i belive..with like a 1.5 60ft and a hell of a MPH il have to look it up again...and from what ive been reading wait4me..is planning on 9s come spring :) which is just sick...and its really impressive to me that it doesnt take alll that much money to get there...i guess proply because im used to lookin at what it takes to get are truck in the 10s..lol...if theres one chasing chase around...hmm really that could give him a run for his money...id still put my money on chase tho assuming he gets it dailed in

wellll.. first off..i think im the only one but i dont really like the couple..i like the sedan better...

Oh no, I prefer the sedan styling, too. I want a 'pre-bankruptcy' car (early-2009). I am sure that I will mod it, but I plan to keep it quiet and not break that 'Cadillac' character - total sleeper. These cars are super-easy to get down into the 11-flat range, but I don't want to have to put a roll cage in it either!

Jason (MidnightRidr) also shared with me he wants one of these cars asap too. So looks like a lot of us are going to be picking up these cars soon.

I tell you what is killing me, I cannot decide if I want the auto or the manual lol. The 'smart move' is the auto, but the kid in me wants to go stick even though I know that's going to cost a lot more money in the long-run (modding-wise). But, the stick gets far better highway MPG (important to me, I want to drive it) and let's face it this is the only Cadillac with a manual transmission in 70-years, so you cannot deny the collectibility.

Decisions, decisions.

I better 'finish' the truck soon LOL.

Mr. P.

thats funny..looks like we are all drooling..were gonna have to make a sub forum for cts if we all end up getting them...im glad some one else is having a hard time with the auto/manual dession.. im truely stuck.. before i really looked at the 2009s i was gonna get an older model ls2 cts v and maggie it..i test drove one and feel in love with the 6speed..bangin the gears in a caddy was a dream come true..buttttt then my drag racing side kicks in..and they have a 6l90 trans thats good for 850hp in stock form with alil tuning on the trans..and they diffently seem to be faster in the 1/4..i cant deside either :peelout::driving: !:ughdance::banghead::confused:

I would definitely be one to say investing in one IS WELL WORTH IT! I only have a '05, but jeez its a rocket for a four door. Have a buddy who has a '07 and although we've cruised a little bit, we haven't ever run em to see if there is much difference (LS6 vs the LS2). This coming summer I plan on running it against my '98 TA WS6 just to see if the TA can keep up even with both having top speeds listed in the 160s. I just picked mine up in June '10 so I'll hang on to this one for awhile (66k miles), but after a few years go by, I have to get one with 556hp. The power to weight ratio for a "luxury" sedan is ridiculous. If any of you end up getting one, please pass along some pictures! Also, Mr. P, go manual, waaayy too much fun.

thats funny..looks like we are all drooling..were gonna have to make a sub forum for cts if we all end up getting them...im glad some one else is having a hard time with the auto/manual dession.. im truely stuck.. before i really looked at the 2009s i was gonna get an older model ls2 cts v and maggie it..i test drove one and feel in love with the 6speed..bangin the gears in a caddy was a dream come true..buttttt then my drag racing side kicks in..and they have a 6l90 trans thats good for 850hp in stock form with alil tuning on the trans..and they diffently seem to be faster in the 1/4..i cant deside either :peelout::driving: !:ughdance::banghead::confused:

I just decided what I am going to do - I'm getting the Auto in the CTS-V.

I will get another car later with a manual - or should I say, I'm going to build another car with a manual. :ninja: I would post more, but then it would be a thread-jack!! It's going to be a few years, but you guys are gonna just sh!t when you see :lol:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)