Hvac Blower Speed Out In "2" Position

O2 WS6 TA

Soooo, I drove the truck today for the first time in a few weeks, an magically, the second position blower speed is not working. As per every other GM product in recent memory, I assume this is a bad blower motor resistor, ya'll tell me you agree before I go grab a new one. I'm too lazy to check it. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just breezing the forums tonight after changing my resistor today. I had a squeak in my HVAC from #3 to #4, before I bought a new motor I thought I'd take it out and check for debris. After removing it I hooked it up and checked it through the fan speeds for sounds and realized I had no fan speed at #1. I ran to Advanced Auto Parts for the resistor that they had in stock for 33 bucks and I got all speeds but whats weird is I got a light squeak at #3 and #4? but when the motor was out the bearings felt fine (no shim) and was quiet when I ran it out of the dash. FYI the resistor is VERY easy to change, two 5/16 screws, unplug the 7 prong to the resistor and the two prong to the HVAC motor and your all set, I actually did it in the Advanced Parts parking lot.