Lowering 4 Inchs In Rear?

KDavis04ss

I know there have been some guys on here with it done but what needs to be done. A friend lowered his 05 awd SS with shackles/hangers in rear and the driveshaft was bumping on something. He sent me pictures but I never seen it in person. What is better shackles/hangers or shackles/leafs or just leafs?

Good question personally I am doing leafs/shackles I don't want to fool with hangers but mine is 2wd not that that makes a diff lol. Everyone has there own opinions about what's better this or that just do it how you want.

As far as your friends truck I really can't recall anything being there for it to hit. Only thing I can think of is the pinion angle changed and it was his u-joint making the noise but I'm not the smartest guy so don't quoate me on it. G/L

Justin

i did a 3/4. id did the rear -2 shackles and -2 frame hangers. i personally like the ride. i dont tow with my truck at all. so i haven't had any problems. i never had a problem with my drive shaft. heres a pic of mine 3/4 these pic are with 305/35/24s

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

Mine is lowered 5 in the rear with hangers and shackles. I didn't notice the driveshaft hitting until I removed it the other day to remove my transmission. It has a small ring slightly rubbed from the tube brace that goes from one side o the frame to the other. All I'm going to do is either cut it away some or bend it a little to keep it from touching.

Mine is lowered 5 in the rear with hangers and shackles. I didn't notice the driveshaft hitting until I removed it the other day to remove my transmission. It has a small ring slightly rubbed from the tube brace that goes from one side o the frame to the other. All I'm going to do is either cut it away some or bend it a little to keep it from touching.

Thats what happened to him. He didn't even know it was hitting anything until he went to put exhaust on it and the truck was on the lift and he saw the ring grooved into the driveshaft.

My rear bottoms out if I run over a snail. I have good shocks and cut my bumpstops, but clearance is still less than 1/4" with half a nub left. I did hangers and shackles and the hangers are a pita. They aren't as bad to do if you take the bed off, but those rivets can be tough to chisel and hack off.

My rear bottoms out if I run over a snail. I have good shocks and cut my bumpstops, but clearance is still less than 1/4" with half a nub left. I did hangers and shackles and the hangers are a pita. They aren't as bad to do if you take the bed off, but those rivets can be tough to chisel and hack off.

What rear kit are you using and what rear shocks?

the djm kit comes with shims sol you should be good to go. it also comes with new bumpstops and if you get the rear djm shocks you will be set to go.

Tony,

I did not get shims with my kit was that due to getting the belltech shocks or did they just start offering the shims with the kit recently??? But either way I need shims how much do they run if they were not included with the kit??

Tony,

I did not get shims with my kit was that due to getting the belltech shocks or did they just start offering the shims with the kit recently??? But either way I need shims how much do they run if they were not included with the kit??

get the shorter bumpstops the stock bumpstops cut will still be to long this is to the other guy on top

also sorry you have a single piece ds the hs2599-4x comes with more items

My bumpstop is maybe, barely a 1/4" thick. I matched a set of urethane drop ones once and they were longer so I'd still have to cut them. I've always thought I may have hit a big bump and de-arched the leafs a bit :dunno:

does the truck sit even. seems kinda low i would move the rear shackle bolt down it will lift the rear up.