Remotestart Problem/Need Help!

himata13

i just had a compuStar pro remote start/alrm installed on my 03 SS and as soon as it came out the bay it had a engine light on. i spoke to the tech i told him this was not on. he sent some one outside to reset the light. as soon as i jumped on my SS i noticed that; the power was not the same and i felt that; she was starving for fuel or something. i came back to the shop and they took the truck back inside. when he came out he said; it was a low voltage code and told me leave it charging for a bit so i did. i drove the truck again and she felt fine. well i started the truck again this morning with the remote start and when i drove the same problem was there!!! i fell like she is giving me half the power she got. so i stopped the engine and started again but, this time with the key and then, she was working fine. so i notice that every time i start the truck with the remote start myh truck lacks of power and the transmission will not shift and it will take a lot longer to accelerate to a desire speed but when i i start her with the key she is the beast she is!! i am planning on taking her back to the shop but i want to check if any one of you had this problem before so i know what is wrong before i go there. i did my searched on the forum but, i couldn't find anything similar to my problem. there was one guy that had a problem similar but his was that he could not start the truck with the key and only with the remote. his problem was due to some safety code from the factory. maybe my problem is something like this??

Any one??

i just had a compuStar pro remote start/alrm installed on my 03 SS and as soon as it came out the bay it had a engine light on. i spoke to the tech i told him this was not on. he sent some one outside to reset the light. as soon as i jumped on my SS i noticed that; the power was not the same and i felt that; she was starving for fuel or something. i came back to the shop and they took the truck back inside. when he came out he said; it was a low voltage code and told me leave it charging for a bit so i did. i drove the truc

Any one??

Wow, that's a new one to me, and I've literally done hundreds of starters in these trucks.

The problem is probably with the interface module screwing up the databus. That's my guess anyway.

If you want my advice, have them fix it, hopefully they'll go through the install and make sure everything is good. The install is really easy and hard to screw up, instead of just throwing parts at it.

If it still doesn't work right make them take it out and give you your money back right there immediately.

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

it is really weird. when i asked the tech what was the code he got from the scanner; he said that it was low voltage and that's why the truck was lack of power. he said that; when they were installing the starter some how they let the battery die and it needed to be charged but i discover today that the trucl only lacks of power when i use the remote starter to start the truck. when i start her with the key; she seem to be fine.