Detroit Trutrac

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you were running a Detroit Trutrac in the rearends of your trucks. A buddy of mine did it in his 03 model after he did his 80 swap and converted it from AWD to 4WD. I was just wondering if it would benefit me at all with me keeping my truck AWD when I do my 80 swap.

If you are just replacing it for the sake of replacing it, I say save your money as the G80 seems to hold up better in the AWD applications. If you have the money for it and really have your heart set on upgrading, then do it, seeing how the TrueTrac is a much better unit. If you were RWD, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, i'd replace it seeing how the G80 is a real piece of crap when you put 100% of your power to it.....

I run one and love it; many a G80 has grenaded eveN. In the AWD trucks. Once you start regularly getting 1.8xx launches you need to. Step up to the True Trac. My own G80 wasn't trashed, but after the TrueTrac install the launch feels completely different (better) the rear of the truck squats and feels very planted on launch and the 1-2 shift.

Mr. P. :)