Adding Trans Temp Gauge

silverado777

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but...does anyone know what it will take to get a functional trans temp gauge to work in my 05 Silverado non SS. Do I just need to sauder in a stepper motor and maybe some programming and of coarse the gauge over lay and needle?

Sounds good. Not worth the money for a new gauge cluster. I'll have to wait till I can find one for cheap. Too bad adding a stepper motor and needle wouldn't work...that would be to easy though.

:dunno: It just might be that easy - I haven't looked at the circuit boards, so I dunno. The traces might in fact be there...

Mr. P.

I think I read on another forum that you can just add the stepper motor and it will work. I have to see if I can find it cause I was planning on trying to do the same thing.

When I get a chance this week I'm going to put a stepper motor, light and needle in my spare circuit board and see if it works. It probably wont be until Friday though.

I looked at one the other day without the tranny temp gauge and the circuit board is set up for it. I dont know for sure but I think it will work. I have another one that has a bad speedometer with the temp gauge that I was thinking about trying but never did. If you try it and it works post up a how to, I think it would make a good sticky.

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Have you checked the accuracy of the new gauge?

Good job!

No, I haven't checked the accuracy. I only had it in for a little bit. I was doing a stepper motor repair and an LED swap for a customer of mine. Running it a few miles around my house the tranny temp got up to 170.