Transfer Cases Tearing Up Left And Right

ok guys i know a little about these trucks and all but i have a 03 ss and its awd... now problem is when i first got the truck apparently the guy didnt really take care of it and i tore up the transfer case about 3 weeks ago...i bought a remanufactured from gm, now 2 weeks later i blow out the back seal and the speedometer isnt workin and abs and parkin brake came on????? can anyone tell me why a 2 week old trans case would go out already and what can i do to keep from tearing another one up?? please any info will help, these little bastards are expensive!!!!

By any chance did you get to see the inside of the original TC to see what was broken???? Who installed the new TC????

Also, the speed senser in the TC tail shaft is for the speedometer AND is the ABS speed senser for the rear wheels. GM trucks all use a 3 channel system; 2 front channels for the front wheels and a single channel for the rears. I would inspect to make sure it is installed correctly and any plugs are connected properly.

As far as the leaky seal, the seal is probably OK, pull the drive shaft and look at the condition of the front yoke (the area that contacts the seal) . You may need a 'Speedy Sleeve' if the shaft is grooved.

Edited by Maintcon (see edit history)

By any chance did you get to see the inside of the original TC to see what was broken???? Who installed the new TC????

Also, the speed senser in the TC tail shaft is for the speedometer AND is the ABS speed senser for the rear wheels. GM trucks all use a 3 channel system; 2 front channels for the front wheels and a single channel for the rears. I would inspect to make sure it is installed correctly and any plugs are connected properly.

As far as the leaky seal, the seal is probably OK, pull the drive shaft and look at the condition of the front yoke (the area that contacts the seal) . You may need a 'Speedy Sleeve' if the shaft is grooved.

i did tear the old one down.. and it was input shaft bearings slung everywhere and in 10000 peices....but i put the new one in as well, and i know for a fact its in right with plug still attached