Tail Light Problem....

.....my passenger side tail light (top bulb) is not working when driving....when you press the brakes it lights up but when just driving it should be on, dimmer.....the drivers side is working fine. does anyone know how to fix the problem or have a repair manual to tell me what color wire to start following......any help would be great...thanks mark

....i took it out and looked at it but didnt change it, it looked okay. i didnt think about it being a duel element bulb, i just assumed that it lit up with the brakes that the bulb was good. ill have to pick a bulb up tomorrow swap it out

So when you have the lights on they don't light up??? I would say that you have a grounding issue. Also did you get dual filament bulbs. Also did you try and wiggle them around? How does the connections look in side?? Another thing could be a fuse???

So when you have the lights on they don't light up??? I would say that you have a grounding issue. Also did you get dual filament bulbs. Also did you try and wiggle them around? How does the connections look in side?? Another thing could be a fuse???

yea, the "parking or driving' lights arent lighting up when im just driving but as soon as i touch the brake they lite up fine, i got the dual filament bulbs that matched the number of what the book called for....i wigged them and the sockets look brand new....haven't checked any fuses. i guess i just need to bundle up and spend an hour following the wires.....lol

I had this happen to my truck it was a fuse under the hood. It happened with one side of my truck and that side alsothe license plate light wasn't working either. I didn't have both sides go out but there was a fuse for both sides I believe. Same thing running light wouldn't come on but brake and blinker worked.

I had this happen to my truck it was a fuse under the hood. It happened with one side of my truck and that side alsothe license plate light wasn't working either. I didn't have both sides go out but there was a fuse for both sides I believe. Same thing running light wouldn't come on but brake and blinker worked.

thanks man!!!! that fixed it.....working fine again! thanks for all the help!