Helper Springs

firehawknwv

I was looking through my new Summit catalog and came acrossed some helper springs for a decent price. I was wondering if these woudl be helpful on my truck or could even be installed so I would be able to haul certain stuff. The reason I was considering this is cuz my truck at certain point when it hits dipsi in the road and such will rub on my driveshaft. Ther is a ring on the driveshaft where it has been getting rubbed against the part of the frame aove it in the tunnel area. Ive been told i cna just cut part of that frame out or notch the area so it dont rub. Is this also accurate that I can do this? The reason it rubs I imagaine is from my 2/3 drop. Now Ive not heard of anyone else haveing this problem but maybe someone else has so if so let me know.

I was looking through my new Summit catalog and came acrossed some helper springs for a decent price. I was wondering if these woudl be helpful on my truck or could even be installed so I would be able to haul certain stuff. The reason I was considering this is cuz my truck at certain point when it hits dipsi in the road and such will rub on my driveshaft. Ther is a ring on the driveshaft where it has been getting rubbed against the part of the frame aove it in the tunnel area. Ive been told i cna just cut part of that frame out or notch the area so it dont rub. Is this also accurate that I can do this? The reason it rubs I imagaine is from my 2/3 drop. Now Ive not heard of anyone else haveing this problem but maybe someone else has so if so let me know.

in the rear what kit are you running? I just notch the cross member on customers trucks and no probs for the past 8 years doing this on the sss models.

its the 2/3 kit that I got from you. Its set in the 3in hole. I dont think its my cross member that is rubbing. I believe ti to be part of the fram above the shaft. Can you post a pic of how you ahve notched one out?

This is same problem that we talked about over PM back in Nov. or so.