Paint

jm074282

Who knows a Lil about paint?

I love metallic black but my sss is an everyday driver so I have decided to paint it and just go Satin black NOT Flat I hate the flat faded grey look!!

But Satin I'm loving and I am set on it!! I just wanta buy the paint myself then hit up my Buddy that paints So that way It would be cheaper and me and him will do the prep together

Do you guys have any recommendations on where to buy the paint and what is needed here is what I am trying to achieve! Expectation a6cd8b7d-0a39-e1c6.jpga6cd8b7d-0a7d-04af.jpg

Iv done a Lil research and came across Hot Rod Black! But trying to get some feedback

Edited by Super Sport Joe (see edit history)

I am not a paint/body man; however that said, I was under the impression that the black basecoat was the same but you use a 'satin' clearcoat instead of a gloss clearcoat. :dunno:

IMO use the black that comes on the Escalade (rather than Onyx Black) that way it will still look 'black' rather than 'brownish black'.

Mr. P. :)

thanks Bros for the feedback and im Def set for this Satin color and YES THAT CAMARO I POSTED IS SICK!! and im loving the Truck That got it done Was hoping nobody have Done the style yet on the sss but its all good i still want to get it done for my pleasure! i love the Color and look, Hope he understands i am not Biting his truck guess ill switch it up a lil bit with something