Price Of License Plate?

eeekroar

How much did you all pay for your license plates? I just paid 1,500 on the 04 SS.They said it was out of state tax. I feel so raped.I wish they would of gave me the choice to either be beat up by 4 cage fighters or pay. I would of gladly accepted a knockout kick to the face. I have paid over $3,000 this year in License plates! So much for a Radix anytime soon. Luckily I ordered my tune last night before my wallet got gang-banged.banghead.gif

It used to be in New York, if you bought a vehicle out of state, you had to pay NY state tax when you registered, if the dealer or seller did not collect tax. That might be your situation, rather than the whole cost being the registration / plates.

that was sales tax i believe. i payed $1600 when i bought my SS from a deal for 22k back in 08 (the $1600 had the plate cost to but that was like 100 bucks) i did not sell anything to buy the truck so i did not have a any amount of waver say i sold a $10,000 truck to by the SS i would have only had to pay sale tax on $12,000.

that is just what happen to me

that was sales tax i believe. i payed $1600 when i bought my SS from a deal for 22k back in 08 (the $1600 had the plate cost to but that was like 100 bucks) i did not sell anything to buy the truck so i did not have a any amount of waver say i sold a $10,000 truck to by the SS i would have only had to pay sale tax on $12,000.

that is just what happen to me

Yeah, It was 998 dollars for sales tax on SS. I bought the 2011 Bmw in my state, but I thought the tax was based on how much your car is worth?It was only a little over 1500 .Also, I heard you could deduct your sales tax by 30 percent with the ad valorem tax in Mississippi and also deduct your vehicles purchased anyone know if this is true?I bought both vehicles in full so are their any tax write offs? Probably notM16.gif

That Sucks Man.....states try to get every penny of taxes they can, weather they do it when you buy it or when you registerit, they are going to get paid.

When I was living in Arizona i thought about buying a vehicle from Oregon so I did not have to pay taxes, but they told me I would have to when I registered it in Arizona

On the Other Hand here In Oregon we do not have Sales Tax, and It only cost me $180 for a 2 year registration with the custom plates (It use to be only 75 every 2 years for custom). No matter what vehicle you buy its only $80 every 2 years to register.

Not having Sales Tax is Awesome but We have Hight Income Tax and I get raped on property Tax, and in Oregon you never want a wealthy relative to die and give you all there money, that tax is rediculous.