Wire Harnesses Needed For Non Bose/Onstar Install

Hey guys, was looking for some insight. I was wondering if you guys could give me some info on what harnesses I will need to install my radio, non bose no onstar and I would like to retain chimes and steering controls. The head unit is a Power Acoustik P-8970 flip out 7" screen. I used to do all my own installs up until my 2003 impala where everything was wired thru the radio, I'm going to attempt installing a complete system in the truck including subs and amps along with relocating the battery under the seat. Any of your guy's help and insight, even direction and advice is very appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Hey guys, was looking for some insight. I was wondering if you guys could give me some info on what harnesses I will need to install my radio, non bose no onstar and I would like to retain chimes and steering controls. The head unit is a Power Acoustik P-8970 flip out 7" screen. I used to do all my own installs up until my 2003 impala where everything was wired thru the radio, I'm going to attempt installing a complete system in the truck including subs and amps along with relocating the battery under the seat. Any of your guy's help and insight, even direction and advice is very appreciated.

Thanks,

James

You'll need a gmrc-01 for a harness and a swi-x for steering wheel controls if it doesn't have a remote input.

I got to ask, why would you put the battery under the seat?

Thanks for the input on the harnesses, the reason for moving the battery is I need the room under the hood for the turbo's. I'm having a 408ci twin turbo built for the truck. Need room to mount the second turbo and the battery is in the way.

K....interesting. Well that answers that. Cool.

You can't put it where the second battery goes on the pass side either? Damn.

Under the seat is valuable sub space that really hurts your sound not having the whole space to use.

Just make sure you get a good sealed battery like an optima and then you can mount it on it's side so you'll have the room under the seat.

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)