New Stuff!

So i put on the new head lights and bumper lights! they look awsome i think. New bowtie sets off the grill def. Im still contemplating painting the grill, i kinda like how it looks with the silver and black, maybe a matte black?? i hate that stupid license plate holder in the front, anybody pull theres off, does it look shity if i do? i.e. with the 4 holes that are in it.

post-21476-029553100 1294916528_thumb.jpg

Looks really good. I have the same headlights just not smoked out. Honestly i'd have to see the rest of your truck to make an honest opinion on the grill. If you want to go with the murdered look then that would look awesome. Some people paint theirs. I had mine powder coated. I didn't want it chipping if it got hit by a rock or something. If you are going to leave your grill the I would get a silver bowtie to match.

I'd go with the murdered out look imo.

Also, is it just me or does parts of your grill look bent?

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Looks really good. I have the same headlights just not smoked out. Honestly i'd have to see the rest of your truck to make an honest opinion on the grill. If you want to go with the murdered look then that would look awesome. Some people paint theirs. I had mine powder coated. I didn't want it chipping if it got hit by a rock or something. If you are going to leave your grill the I would get a silver bowtie to match.

I'd go with the murdered out look imo.

Also, is it just me or does parts of your grill look bent?

if your referring to the upper left corner, then yes. i was working on it and squished it a bit.lol and im pretty sure im gunna murder it. i actually have a silver bow tie(as you can see in my profile pic) but even if i didnt paint the grill i think id leave the bowtie black. powder coating also wouldnt be a bad idea dudes painting it only charging 50 so idk.lol

if your referring to the upper left corner, then yes. i was working on it and squished it a bit.lol and im pretty sure im gunna murder it. i actually have a silver bow tie(as you can see in my profile pic) but even if i didnt paint the grill i think id leave the bowtie black. powder coating also wouldnt be a bad idea dudes painting it only charging 50 so idk.lol

I paid $50 for prep and powder coat. If you go black then you wont be able to notice it being bent so much.

It looks awsome man.. I put a tinted plate cover on my SS it looks a little better...... What part of RI you from...

can you post a pic of the plate cover you have? and im in newport, im stationed on one of the coast guard ships here...

Be careful if you removed the Front Bracket. I had a hard time removing and breaking the rivets that hold it on. I bought some plugs that I painted and put them in there but one of them did not go in flush and it looks like crap.

I removed it when I moved from Oregon to Arizona and now that Im back in Oregon I need a front license plate and im thinking about buying another bracket because i hate how the plugs look, but open holes would look worse IMO

yea i hit ya up when i go up to prov jimmy, i dropped the grill off at the POWDER COAT shop today in warwick, called ocean state hott coat. seams like there the only one around here for the most part. ill let yall know how they do. i was able to bend it back a little so i dont think itll be very noticible. im with you on the lisence plate i hate that front but im afraid to pull it beause it looks like the paint is ****ed behind it...

can you post a pic of the plate cover you have? and im in newport, im stationed on one of the coast guard ships here...

Thats cool here is a pic of my front plate

Bigblack where on the south coast are you? And 907blown if you are ever in providence with the truck hit me up! those headlights look awesome to!

I am living in Fairhaven Ma 40 mins from Prov

post-10863-079300800 1295209857_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

alright so got pretty much all that stuff done. New license plate cover put the grill on yesturday, im diggn it. Im going to get the rims painted still and i think im going to paint the air ducts matte black as well. does anyone think i should get grill inserts for the ducts? pics are in my gallery.