Whats A Stroker Motor?

i feel dumb for asking this... but i just dont know what it is??? what makes a motor a ''stroker'' im only 18 trying to learn all i can so no laughs lol i know a pretty good bit about motors i helped my dad and another guy rebuild my 327 out of a 60's model corvette its bored .40 over roller rockes and a mild cam, pretty sweet lil motor we put it in my 92 chevy

post-21455-032535800 1295155771_thumb.jpg

i feel dumb for asking this... but i just dont know what it is??? what makes a motor a ''stroker'' im only 18 trying to learn all i can so no laughs lol i know a pretty good bit about motors i helped my dad and another guy rebuild my 327 out of a 60's model corvette its bored .40 over roller rockes and a mild cam, pretty sweet lil motor we put it in my 92 chevy

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/09/stroker/

this explains it pretty well

That is an excellent question to ask! I am sure hundreds on this board did not know the answer therefore I applaud your desire to ask and learn.

Excellent link Bruiser04 :pepsicheer:

I am going to move this topic to the Engine Tech section...

That is an excellent question to ask! I am sure hundreds on this board did not know the answer therefore I applaud your desire to ask and learn.

ok thanks man:pepsicheer:

thumb.gif