Radio Questions

03SSrado

Hey guys, goin to an after market radio.. i have my eye on two of them right now. they are both pioneer double din radios.. one of them has a 5.8'' screen and the other has a 7'' screen. the actual units are the same size im pretty sure.. just curious if there is any fabbing or cutting that needs to be done for these to fit. how close are they to the factory bose h/u.

input would be very appreciated , thanks!

also lookin for a reasonable priced and good lookin 22'' wheel for my black 03 SSS..

Go with the 7"... hands down. I have the Pioneer Z110BT and I love it, well most of it, the nav functions suck. The Garmin interface of the Kenwood units is wayyyyyyyyyy better. Pioneer nav is just very lacking and takes forever to load and find POI's. I can't tell you how many times I have taken wrong turns or driven by places while I'm waiting for the nav to 'search' or load. The rest of the Pioneer interface, however, is awesome! Pioneer's nav will get you there... once it loads and finds the destination.

As far as fitting the unit. I had to slightly trim the radio dash kit because the corners of it were rounded and the corners of the Pioneer unit are squared. It was pretty easy and fits beautiful now. You do have to trim some plastic behind the dash to make room for the double din unit. it isn't too bad of a job though. No pictures of when I did mine but I can answer any questions you have since I have done it twice now.

Edited by 90zxdriver (see edit history)

thanks guys.. those pics look great. i'm not really wanting to butcher my dash if it requires much trimming. only for purposes of cleanliness and if i were to ever take that h/u out. i appreciate the input and the pictures for sure.. just not sure if i can get the gut to cut on a perfectly fine dash.