No Sss, New From Mi

97ss06gxp

Hey everyone, name is Levi. I'm from Mt Pleasant MI and am currently selling my GXP to possibly get a AWD Sss. joined to learn a little bit more about them and to see if this is a move i really want and should do. I like the idea of the AWD for snow and also the towing capabilities, i do 99.8% city driving and a little country roads. I get an average of around 12-16 mpg's average in my gxp so im used to the gas gulpers. So pretty much if there is anything i should know about these trucks please let me know, i will also be doing alot of searches on here.

Thanks, Levi

Welcome!!!! I think this is one of the ultimate daily drivers for a place like Michigan (crappy roads, snow, light off road needs like when camping, etc). Not only does it do well with the awd capabilities, but it looks great! A tad lower (I believe) over a basic silverado and has a pleasant wheel package straight from the factory. They respond very well to modifications and I would highly recommend it! This is by far my favorite vehicle out of everything I've ever owned! Hands down!!!

It has plenty of room, tows great (I've towed an enclosed 20' with all kinds of junk in it as well as cars, etc. Didn't even have my trailer brakes hooked up at the time (not saying the SS has the best brakes, but they were adequate). Probably my favorite thing about it as far as living in crap hole MI is the ground effects. I drive mine 365 days a year. Obviously, we use salt here which takes its toll. I haven't detected any rust yet and I do my best to keep it clean and protected, however if it does begin to rust, 95% of the areas that would rust are covered up by the cladding! smoker.gif I had a 2000 Silverado before and it was immaculate and a great truck but it started to get a little rust on the rocker and I had to sell it. I didn't feel like fixing it and I can't stand rust! With the SS cladding, you would never even see it unless you were under the truck!

Gas mileage isn't too bad either considering awd and 5200lbs. Good luck!

slowfive0, that really makes me feel comfortable about getting a Sss. sounds like exactly what i want, will most likely get a car hauler trailer for the camaro also.

McMahan , thanks for the compliments!!! ur truck looks sick!!

Welcome Levi Jackson, Mi here These truck are great!! I have seen a few for sale around here lately there is a 2wd silver birch one in clinton and i have come across acouple on craigslist. They are out there you just gotta find one and make it yours!!

Welcome Levi Jackson, Mi here These truck are great!! I have seen a few for sale around here lately there is a 2wd silver birch one in clinton and i have come across acouple on craigslist. They are out there you just gotta find one and make it yours!!

yeah i want either black or silver birch. put the GXP up for sale just waiting for some bites now. if it comes mid summer im gonna trade it in.