Won Two Plane Tickets Anywhere , Where Do I Go ?

04CHASE

first of all, u lucky bastard!!! thats fawking dope dude congrats!!!

i would go to the east coast, start in Chicago rent a car and drive to New York... friend of mine went to Chicago for his chicks graduation and they drove to New York... they hit Boston and a few other city out that way, said it was a great experience... i had planned on doing the same before he took my idea, BASTARD...

can u get tickets to arrive one place and take off from another??? like land in Chicago and depart from New York???

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

right now the top places are new york and miami.

i know they are both expensive which isnt a huge deal but i want to have the best time possible.

we plan to stay for about 5-7 days.

first off do you have to fly in and out of same place?

ex: fly into NY and home from DC? (Ride train one way in between)

If you go with NYC I'd gamble that after 2 or 3 nights you'd be ready to leave.

We have a favorite hotel across the river, waterfront in Jersey City biz district - but right on the boat and subway line.

Priceline has great deals on the 3 four star hotels in JC

The view of NYC from across river wins. The ability to sit on quiet riverfront bench in the morning with a coffee looking across at skyline is peacefull.

You are also very close to the boat out to Statue of Liberty and you see it from your hotel...

Another way to see more if based out of NYC is hop on Long Island Railway and ride to the last stop... Montauk Pt at Eastern Tip of L.I.

Great Spring spot w/o crowds, I've never been in summer but if you wind up in NYC then you must ride out to Montauk.

Awesome national park (?) shoreline and food!

That many nights in Miami

My choice though Fly into Miami or ft Lauderdale

Fly Back home from Key West

Make the drive between in a convertible.

If you have to fly RT to say Miami then plan 2-3 nights there and the rest in KW

You MUST Drive one way if you're so close.

Once in KW plan on a whole day trip to the Dry Tortugas, 70mi. out into The Gulf.

Amazing AMAZING once in lifetime trip for only a 120 or so passengers each day.

They provide snorkel gear and lunch on the boat.

You can snorkel right off the fort amidst zillions of tropical fish.

If a history buff you will like exploring Fort Jefferson....

Back to KW before dinner.

MIA has hotel deals, KW not so much in the best central walking area. You wind up farther out of town and riding shuttles in

If you skip NYC and MIA then think about New Orleans!!!

Fort Jefferson

Congratulations Chase ... :thumbs: ... nice score ...

NYC is great. Huge, with Tons to do ... but if possible, I would go for about 2 weeks.

Hit NYC and the Statue of Liberty. At the Statue of Liberty, take the tour that goes up to the crown, as this aspect of the tour will surely close, once again due to terrorist threats. After NYC, rent a car and drive down to Gettysburg PA. Spend a couple days there, if you are into History, then nothing is much Holier (*sp) then that hallowed ground. After Gettysburg, I would then head to Washington DC.

Washington DC in just a couple words ... F*cking Awesome!!!! There is a ton of stuff to see and do. You have to remember, DC is "Your City" ... Basically everything is Free to the public. The museums are incredible. The Smithsonian museums, FBI Headquarters, Ford's Theater, and the National Mall ... The Vietnam Memorial is incredible, to say the least, but it does move you to tears ...

Then drive back to NYC from DC and head home. If you do a one-way rental, you can take Amtrak from DC to NYC, no problem.

If you fly on Tue and Thru, you have better chance of getting good, less crowded flights.

Respectfully,

Shuan

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I know this place is not far from you, but I absolutely love Seattle. Lots of site seeing and things to do. We always go salmon fishing when we are there. Lots of great places to eat downtown and by the worf.

Another great place to visit is Bismarck ND. lol..... :crackup:

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

I won two plane tickets to anywhere in the u.s.a. , however it said continental so assuming i can only do the 48 ( may be able to upgrade) .

i really dig on history and wildlife when im not stuffing my face.

Well, I don't know much about the east coast. But, if you wanted to see some wildlife and some history there is alot to offer up here in Alaska. I am pretty sure you wouldn't find more "wildlife" anywhere in the United States. Depending on what you would like see for history, we have some pretty cool gold rush history. There is little backwoods mines EVERYWHERE here. I take my fourwheeler out all the time into the woods and you can almost always run into a mine somewhere along the way with some pretty cool old Skool equipment that they used to work the dirt.

If you could upgrade, there is ALOT of country to see up here. I would be more than willing to help you setup a trip up here. And I know that Matt is in Anchorage and he would probably be willing to help you in that part of the state, I'm sure. Hell, I would be willing to go do some fishing with you down in Valdez if you wanted. Go snag us a 200-400 pound halibut? :fingersx:

Just an idea.

-edit This offer stands for anyone that would want to come up here. I have helped lots of friends plan trips up here (i don't usually go with, but sometimes).

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

alaska has my attention . im into the new gold rush alaska show on tv. although they seem to be a bunch of knuckleheads its somewhat entertaining. also had to watch the palin show with the old lady but i admit it was kind of cool seeing all the cool stuff you can do in alaska.

there is one thing , im fond of the cold , the other half not so much shes a summer person but somehwere cold isnt out of the question.

very kind of you to offer that , ill consider it in my decision.

I won two plane tickets to anywhere in the u.s.a. , however it said continental so assuming i can only do the 48 ( may be able to upgrade) . i also won a nice hp dekstop computer with a 19 widescreen monitor that still sitting in the box. Im lookinf on a good place for me and the old lady to go. we have not done much traveling and are eager to make a trip. right now the top places are new york and miami. i know they are both expensive which isnt a huge deal but i want to have the best time possible. we plan to stay for about 5-7 days. summer or spring is our time we plan to go. I like new york because i know food and hotels are awesome plus i have never been there . im sure i can stay busy for a week.

You might wanna check the rates in for hotels in NY before you go there i go there quite frequently Manhattan im assuming were talking about and sometimes i cant find a room for less than 350$ a night so definately plan way way way ahead lol And Miami is alwasy great i go there a couple times a year good luck and congartulations on the win

alaska has my attention . im into the new gold rush alaska show on tv. although they seem to be a bunch of knuckleheads its somewhat entertaining. also had to watch the palin show with the old lady but i admit it was kind of cool seeing all the cool stuff you can do in alaska.

there is one thing , im fond of the cold , the other half not so much shes a summer person but somehwere cold isnt out of the question.

very kind of you to offer that , ill consider it in my decision.

Well, keep in mind that our summers in central Alaska are AWSOME most of the time. We had 2 weeks in the 90's last summer. We average 60-80 degrees in the summer. So I don't think the cold will bother you much in the summer. But if you want cold, come up now. It is currently -41F at my house in North Pole.

All of those shows on tv about Alaska are usually a bunch of B.S. I am a truck driver than runs back and forth from Fairbanks to Prudhoe bay 2 or 3 times a week. The "Ice Road Trucker" show really kinda irritated some of us up here. The reality shows up here are getting out of hand, but it is definitly showing some cool spots throughout the state.

Good luck on your decision. Congrats by the way. Free trips are always awsome.

You can always call me if you want more info. Be happy to help.