Favorite Foods And Places

T-Bag

I searched and didn't find really any threads on this so I thought it'd be interesting to post this up. Post up your favorite style of food, how you order it, where you get it, the best places you've been, most you've spent etc. I'm hoping this gets interesting knowing that each state and parts of the country have such diverse tastes and styles.

My favorite food by far has to be burger and fries and pastrami

Best burger in L.A. to me:

#1 is Wolfe Burger - Pasadena, CA "big bad wolfe" 3/4 lb. double cheese, w everything, cooked medium, smothered in all their sauces!

#2 Has to be In N Out, SoCal, NV and AZ locations. 3x3 w extra onions and 2 fries for me!

#3 Bob's Big Boy - Burbank, CA "Super Big Boy combo, heavy relish, extra onions and a hot fudge cake for dessert

Fries:

#1 Dagla's - Winnetka, CA they use Lawry's seasoning salt

#2 Wolfe Burger - Pasadena, CA cooked in peanut oil

#3 The Hat - Pasadena, CA - small order is $2 and feeds two big men

Pastrami:

The Hat - Pasadena, CA There is no better pastrami in L.A. than them

Steaks:

#1 Northwoods Inn Medium Rare 1lb Porterhouse, football size potatoe, rice, garlic bread and shrimp scampi!

#2 Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

#3 Norms lol, yeah they aren't too bad for their prices

Chicken:

#1 Dinah's chicken Glendale, CA

#2 Roscoes's Chicken and Waffles Pasadena and Hollywood

#3 Church's Chicken

Italian:

#1 Market City Cafe Burbank, CA chicken parm, w angel hair tossed in a garlic olive oil w basil

#2 Maria's Italian Kitchen, Sherman Oaks, CA same as above ordered

#3 Bella Vista Burbank, CA

Pizza:

#1 Greco's in Sherman Oaks and Hollywood, hands down best! theyimport the tap water from NY for their pizza dough

Japanese and Sushi:

#1 Benihana's

#2 Kabuki

#3 Boiling Pot Shabu Shabu

BBQ:

#1 Robins BBQ in Pasadena, CA all meats smoked for 8 hrs in applewood then served

#2 Rosie's BBQ in Northridge

#3 Woodranch Grill, pretty good

Sandwiches:

#1 Philly Steak Depot, Hollywood, CA 14" 2 lbs. onions, red/green peppers, mushrooms w velvetta yellow cheese and provolone!

#2 Giamellas, Los Feliz, CA 14" Pepper Steak, 2 lbs smothered in onions, pickles and tomatoes

#3 Grecos again, best meatbal around!

Mexican:

#1 Pico Pica Rico, Sherman Oaks, CA authentic made mexican food, homeade white corn tortillas, best carne asada ever and cheese enchiladas w green sauce

#2 La Fogata Sherman Oaks, CA

#3 Las Fuentes, Resedda, CA

Pies:

Julian Pie Co. Julian, CA Dutch Apple Crumb mmmmmmmmm

Ok so that's pretty much it for me, I wanna hear about some real Cheese Steaks from any PA guys here and what the BBQ is like in Texas, Kansas and Missouri

I don't know about you but this made me hungry :drool:

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

I found these sites that I'm sure all of you will enjoy!

ADS VS REALITY

http://www.alphaila.com/articles/failure/fast-food-burger-sizes/

http://thispiggy.com/2009/04/15/fast-food-reality/

I worked at Pizza Hut as a teenager and one night all our orders were at least an hour late and I forgot a bag on my roof. Made it down the street to a turn and it flew off.Jumped out and magically the pizza was fine but the wing box exploded. I luckly had an old box I was munching on hours before so swapped em out and got the tip with wing sauce all over pizza box. Customers had no idea their pizza flew at 20 mph + onto the street.Also, have a bunch of horror stories from working at Mc Donalds. The good ole days....

The greatest food creation in the history of man had to be the Sanoran Hot Dog. I could eat one every day im serious. It’s a hot dog wrapped in bacon, covered in sautéed onions, tomatoes, jalapeno sauce, mustard and mayo, and the bun is a Balio bread which is a sweet Mexican bread! Tucson Arizona (and some other parts of Sothern AZ) is the only place you can get them. If your ever in Tucson you have to get a Sanoran Hot Dog there are hot dog carts on every corner. The Best places are:

1. BK’s Carne Asada- Tucson, AZ

2. El Guerro Canelo- Tucson, AZ

Burgers

1. In n Out- I get a double double animal style with animal style fries, or sometimes a 4X4 animal style without fries

2. My own burger- I make a Jucy Lucy with bacon and a over easy egg on top and Chipotle Mayo

3. Awful Awful- The Little Nugget, Reno, NV

4. Lindy’s of 5th- Tucson, AZ- I had a burger there with 2 grilled cheese sandwiches in place of the bun

Fries

1. Mias and Pias Pizzaria- a Pizza place in Klamath Falls, OR

2. The Heart Attack Grill- All you can eat fries( plus the waitresses are dressed like nurses lol)- Chandler, AZ

3. In n Out- as long as its animal style

Pizza

1. Sauce- Tucson, AZ

2. Joes Farm Grill- Gilbert, AZ

3. Abby’s Pizza- (all over Oregon and parts of Washington)

Sushi

1. Ra Sushi- Tucson, Scottsdale, Las Vegas and more

2. Tampiko Sushi- Tucson, AZ

3. Sada’s Sushi Bar- Newport, OR

Mexican

1. El Taco Tote- Tucson, AZ (and in Mexico)

2. BK’s Carne Asada- Tucson, AZ

3. Jalapenos- Klamath Falls, OR

There are more places but I don’t want to make a list a mile long

Thanks DiggenDan, I visit Tempe a few times a year so will definitely check out those Hot Dogs and the Heart Attack Grill LOL!

Make me one of your burgers, I had a Jucy Lucy once in Michigan and was hooked!

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

Thanks DiggenDan, I visit Tempe a few times a year so will definitely check out those Hot Dogs and the Heart Attack Grill LOL!

Make me one of your burgers, I had a Jucy Lucy once in Michigan and was hooked!

There might be some hot dog stands in the phoenix area but im not sure where. It might be to 2 hr drive from phoenix to tucson just to try one. The heart attack grill is fun and has good food