Engine Swap

Just about any 6.0L LQ4 or LQ9 should be a direct swap, you may need to use some of the sensors from your 5.3 as well as the intake manifold. So any LQ4/LQ9 from a 1999-2006 Chevy/GMC is what your looking for.

i did the 5.3 to 6.0 swap, its a direct swap.

all you need to do is get your pcm tuned for the 6.0

Sounds good but if i get a 6.0 say a lq4 and it comes with the pcm and wiring harness it should just be a direct swap? I know alot of ppl post this on the internet asking this question and it probably gets annoying but i just wanted to make sure because i dont really see any posts about 99 rcsb swaps. I have another question tho can anyone tell me what i can do to get my mirrors, handles, and front bumper cap color matched and could the stock black textured plastic thats on there now be painted? im not planning on doing it myself because i have no experience with painting just wondering if a paint shop could do this.

Sounds good but if i get a 6.0 say a lq4 and it comes with the pcm and wiring harness it should just be a direct swap? I know alot of ppl post this on the internet asking this question and it probably gets annoying but i just wanted to make sure because i dont really see any posts about 99 rcsb swaps. I have another question tho can anyone tell me what i can do to get my mirrors, handles, and front bumper cap color matched and could the stock black textured plastic thats on there now be painted? im not planning on doing it myself because i have no experience with painting just wondering if a paint shop could do this.

I have a wiring harness from an 03 LQ4 that I can sell ya if you need it.

On the LQ4s, my suggestion get one that's 2002 or later; the earlier ones are not as strong and I think? the initial LQ4s even had iron heads??

Mirror caps, handles - swap yours for the factory painted pieces; the chrome ones you have to peel the chrome off, then prep & paint. Yes the front bumper cap can be sanded smooth and painted, it takes a bit of labor but the end result is fantastic. If you are going to the effort I would also suggest you have the front bumper raised 1/2-inch as well.

Mr. P.

Well i was planning on just getting a 6.0 that had everything on it already but if i cant find one ill hit you up about the harness thanks. as for the handles and mirrors is there anyway someone could give me the part numbers ive looked everywhere and all i have found is a pre primered bumper cap on www.rockauto.com or if someone has some used mirror caps or handles that are pre primered or already painted i would be interested.

They are factory GM parts! What you could do is, look on eBay for an Escalade with the painted mirror caps & door bezels that you want, jot down the VIN number in the ad and show it to the GM parts guy; from the VIN they can directly look-up the part numbers from that listed vehicle.

Mr. P.

On the LQ4s, my suggestion get one that's 2002 or later; the earlier ones are not as strong and I think? the initial LQ4s even had iron heads??

Mr. P.

if i remember the early LQ4's had a different flange on the crank. a spacer was needed for the flex plate..