Is There Room Behind The Ss Dash Plaque

I haven't had this dash apart yet, maybe you can help. I figure there must be room but wanted to see if anyone has done it or at least has seen whats back there?

The area I'm talking about is the SS logo to the right of heater controls.

I'm not into the gauges up the pillar look and really only want an A/F gauge to monitor as I begin to run different tunes.

Thinking of the AEM analog in white to match dash.... Click

Good to hear - I was hoping that air duct didn't snake it's way thru there....

There's a guy here in CT that makes real nice dash inserts for GN's and others.

I figure mine looks to be 3 peices that mate into one. The plan is to have him get me one piece with the hole.

How I hold it in place is TBD, worst case scenario is liquid nails shakehead.gif

That is a good idea, my non SS has the stupid hole there, which has little room for anything. I have seen in several threads about placing the gauges in the overhead console. Its a clean look, and you can buy the adapters on ebay for a little bit of nothing.

Hey that's friggin' sweet! Would you mind sharing with us the model of that GPS unit or if there was anything special you had to do to get it to fit? I've been pondering where I should mount one when I get it and that's a great place!

I like! Excellent idea!

Just out of curiosity, how much of a bear was it to get that mounted in there that clean? And how did you get it to turn on only when your vehicle is on?

My initial thoughts are that I can connect it via my 12v cable running to my Pioneer AVH-3200 and having it turned on by the remote wire...

How did you go about hooking the wire up to the cigarette lighter? Did you have to splice-and-dice the provided power cable?

Thanks again for all of your help and efforts, Silverado777!

I like! Excellent idea!

Just out of curiosity, how much of a bear was it to get that mounted in there that clean? And how did you get it to turn on only when your vehicle is on?

My initial thoughts are that I can connect it via my 12v cable running to my Pioneer AVH-3200 and having it turned on by the remote wire...

How did you go about hooking the wire up to the cigarette lighter? Did you have to splice-and-dice the provided power cable?

Thanks again for all of your help and efforts, Silverado777!

It actually wasn't that bad at all. I just used a dremel and cut about half inch off all the way areound except for the bottom. Then I cut around the plug so that it would clear. Then I just glued it in. Just be careful when you glue it in. I accidently used to much and it dripped down into the plug. Now the damn plug is glued in! banghead.gif

To wire it up all I did was go to Vatozone and buy a cheap $5 accessory cig lighter and wired it up to something that only turns on when my key is on. I think I wired it to my amps or radio or something. So now it turns on when my key is on and turns off when my key is off. The wires and acc cig lighter is all behind the dash.