Interesting Article In Hotrod,Must Read!

broke1

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0710_6l_ls_series_small_block/index.html

Read the 2nd page at the bottom.Even the Ls2 manifold with 90mm tb lost 8hp/11tq compared to the 99-06 truck manifold.

If you ever hear another internet guru say truck manifolds are "junk" or need replaced to make "good" hp,just bitch slap em!!!lol Seriously though,know theyre an idiot just repeating what theyve heard!!! pepsicheer.gif

The more proof I see,a well ported truck manifold is really the way to go!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Great article.Kenny is one of the best.He's built me 2 motors in the past.I flew him and Margie in for our local Buick day twice.That wasn't cheap but worth every penny.They are both real nice people.You need to note that they used the stock cam.As the article stated if you add a real cam and consequently a new tune you would see the LS6 and FAST intake start pull away.I hang with a bunch of guys who all make 800HP+ and a few that have broken 1000RWHP barrier.Nobody runs a truck intake.The LS6 intake in stock form works real well.I run the the LS2 intake but didn't really pickup that much power over an LS6.Modding the LS6 intake with a new inlet flange to accept a LS2 throttle body is the hot setup.I wouldn't waste my time porting the truck intake.I would leave it alone till I was ready to put a serious cam in the motor.Without the cam the motor won't show much with porting and it is time consuming and expensive.

• 3 weeks later...