04CHASE

85 members have voted

1. 1. which combo looks best

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

well since someone bumped it ill reply with an update.

you all saw the secret mod , the ss airbag. its done and on but my interior is still out getting the led's finished . it needs to be done by next week since im going to famosa 1/4 mile on friday.

i havent posted much on paint as i may have something done , complete change of the entire truck but way over the top. since im not doing this exact style ( dont want to repaint silver and remove the engine to paint the firewall. becasue i want it done perfect.

but this give you an idea of my idea

realfire_tacoma1.jpg

realfire_tacoma3.jpg

realfire_tacoma2.jpg

im thinking of something just like it but with grey smoke . patrick thinks it wont work well but its all preference . i trust him 100%. but this is all idea's at this point since its a big $$$$

Now to the point of where is it now

this is sitting in my garage and awaiting install along with some suspension goodies.

2011-03-05193459.jpg

. this weekend depending how tired i am (started back at work this week , been out with broken elbow since november) i have a few parts lying around to install

djm lower and upper a-arms , stock knuckles are the only thing here at this point , still waiting on qa'1 double adjustables for the front(removing the front straps and relying on the qa1 to prevent lifting (rears are waiting to be ordered)

custom fabbed heim conversion from the pos weak tie rods

EditedSteering.jpg

also have a c-notch in the rear along with making drive-shaft loops and making the rear shocks mount on back of the axle with the upper mount being straight above it , a custom upper crossmember will be made and ill probably relocate the stock shock mounts or use some i have . this will determine the legnth of the qa1 i need to order.

trying to set it up to turn for the truckin throwdown. just gotta get the boost down to keep the traction. along with messing with the qa1's .

Depending on what your rims are made out of you would ditch the chrome in favor of a "milled aluminum" look like my rims had. They look like chrome until you are right up on them and they were super easy to take care of. Those rims had close to 80k miles on them and the milled aluminum still looked great the day I sold them.

024.JPG

black out the grille and do what you wanted to the wheels. DO NOT black out the front vents as it's part of what makes these trucks a SS. It's different from other chevy bumpers and yours look great with the work you have in them. They pop well against the black paint and to hide them would be a sin :pepsicheer:

c'mon guys you think i would touch my brake ducts? who else has chrome ones? :takealook:

leaving the bowtie the way it is for now and adding the frill . ill try and snap some pics after im done with it this weekend. should look awesome with what im doing .