New Ss Emblem Placement

Had some extra emblems layin around and wanted to throw some on the front grille. I just stuck them on with some electrical tape to see wat they looked like. I kinda like it. Wat do you guys think? If I decide I like them enough I'll put them on with hot glue. Alot of it lol. Sort for the dirty truck and bad pic.

post-21297-027406300 1297567015_thumb.jpg

I think you may be on to a good idea, but it needs better execution. Keep at it, I think if the SS emblems were somehow embedded or embossed into the grill that could be badass.

Mr. P.

Well thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can figure something better and not so cheesy lookin.

Hey man. I had the same idea a while back when I removed my emblems to paint them. I mocked them up also and didn't like it because they are too large. I fabricated a piece out of metal for the grille and painted it black. I used the SS from the SilveradoSS.com decal and adhered it to the metal piece. I mounted the grille emblem in the lower right corner. I'm using this as a temporary emblem as I have a spare dash emblem that I am shaping and painting so I can mount it on the grille. My neighbor works at a machine shop and I have been trying to convince him to help me make a grille emblem that I can offer to everybody. We'll see.

if you want to make it looks good my suggestion would be to make a backing that it attaches too to keep the ss in its appropriate shape and dimensions being 4 pieces. make it small and black so when you install it you cant notice it. might start with the small emblem from the interior as well.

cool idea , kind of like how the srt's have it in the grill.

you know thats not such a bad idea. i blacked out my bow tie and didnt like it just like that, so i put the SS over it. but then i thought 'man, something is missing' so YES i had one of the bow tie stickers sittimg around and i put it on the grill, i think it looks good until i get something better..........

med_gallery_13274_466_58048.jpg

Edited by Vidalss (see edit history)

you know thats not such a bad idea. i blacked out my bow tie and didnt like it just like that, so i put the SS over it. but then i thought 'man, something is missing' so YES i had one of the bow tie stickers sittimg around and i put it on the grill, i think it looks good until i get something better..........

med_gallery_13274_466_58048.jpg

I like that. Thats clean.....nicely done. Miller im like everyone else has said I do like how your trying to be different but keep it classy bra. I bet there is someway to make that idea work just need to get creative

I just gotta make it more classy and not so stick on lookin or to auto zone ish lol. I just figured everyone has a shop man bowtie(witch I am not bashing I love them) just wanted to try something else. I think I have a pretty good idea on how to do it now. I'll keep ya guys posted on howe its goin and lookin and getting more opinions from all of you to. I do like the bowtie on vidalss's truck alot, its different witch is cool.