Bed Liner Removal

blueracer

I am purchasing bed caps and spoiler but my spray on bed liner goes up on top of bed rails. So im going to need to remove the liner to be able to lay on the caps...anyone have any ideas or methods? I know its not gonna be easy...thanks guys

Bedliner is permanent; I don't know of any solvent that will work to 'eat' it off without also damaging the paint, I'm almost certain regardless of what product/process was used (LineX, Rhino, roll-on) the material will have to be mechanically removed (i.e. taken off with a wire wheel, razor blade, heat gun, etc) then re-prepped, re-primed, & re-painted - and with Arrival Blue I don't think there is any way to achieve a 'spot repaint' (because of the metal flake) so the entire bed will consequently need repainting. $$$.

Assuming that your truck bed is in very good condition, you might do better swapping your bed straight across for another Arrival Blue SSS truck bed that never had the bedliner installed in the first place.

Mr. P.

PS - just understood your original post, you bought 'bed rail caps & spoiler', if you are referring to the Street Scene 3-piece plastic unit I recommend you return it, it's a POS - get the Intimidator SS spoiler instead and have it painted Arrival Blue, it is a great quality piece and probably has a better chance of working with the bedliner (no guarantees on that though, I'd have to see your truck first).

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Righton..the purchase isn't final yet. I have been looking for an Iss spoiler but with no luck. The liner on top of the bedsides is pretty thin. It was also professionally done. If you know where to get a spoiler let me know. thanks for the advise man

The SSI spoiler uses the holes in the tailgate; the bottom edge of that spoiler is bolted to the tailgate with special [dealer only] bolts & well nuts, as well as liberal use of double-sided sticky-tape.

I know the actual SSI spoilers are hard to find, but if you can get one I would hold out; another friend on the forum here has the Street Scene one and hates it - good product idea, but poorly made; they're "just ok".

Another idea would be to buy the X2000 tonneau cover (has a molded rear wing).

Mr. P.

My best bet will be just to sit around and wait for one to pop up if they are hard to come by...they look awesome, so i want one

i got mine from a local dealer that sells truck caps. painted, shipped to them, and installed for $1100. their not cheap, but worth the money.. :thumbsup:

http://www.gaylordslids.com/

good luck..

i got mine from a local dealer that sells truck caps. painted, shipped to them, and installed for $1100. their not cheap, but worth the money.. :thumbsup:

http://www.gaylordslids.com/

good luck..

I like the looks of them..just not my style..not clicking with me i guess..im just gonna keep my eye out for an iss wing