Jump to content

4L80E ?

Recommended Posts

I pretty sure you need to look for a 2001 and up and you can swap out tail shafts but its easier to just get a 4 wheel drive 80. Cause it will have the right tailshaft housing. It really depends on what your putting it in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I would recommend a 99 and later unit because the bell will be correct for your combination. Look for a 4x4 one so you do not have to buy a new output shaft if at all possible. The earlier units will work just fine except you loose the 12 o'clock bolt hole location. Also with the later cases you can get a structural inspection cover that will bolt directly to your engine oil pan and also to the transmission. This IMO makes the structure stronger. HTH Vince

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...