Over My Head!

cody5788

SO JUST PUT LONG TUBE HEADERS ON WITH NO CATS , BLACK BEAR TUNE , SUBS AND DOUBLE DIN . IM THROWING A CODE AND MY AIR BAG LIGHT IS ON :( THE CODE IS PO303 CYL 3 MIS FIRE AND THE AIR BAG LIGHT IS BLINKING AND SAY'S SEVICE AIR BAG . PLEASE HELP THX

Pull the plug for the cylinder. It might have gotten damaged when installing the headers. Also make sure it is plugged in to the coil and spark plug. As for the air bag light I would first remove the negative side of the battery and let it sit for about 10min then re-attach and see if the light still comes on.

If it still comes on then I would recommend wearing a helmet anytime you drive your truck in case it randomly goes offbiggrinjester.gif

You have two separate problems.

To diagnose ignition misfire, swap the #3 plug wire with another "known good working" plugwire (#1 or #5 for example) and clear the check-engine light.

If the problem goes away, you had a loose plug wire. :cheers:

If the misfire 'moves' to the other cylinder, you have identified a bad plug wire.

If the misfire still happens on #3, then trade the #3 spark plug itself with a "known good plug (#1 or #5 for example) and clear the check-engine light.

If the misfire 'moves' to the other cylinder, you have identified a bad spark plug.

If the problem goes away, you had a loose plug wire - twice! :cheers:

If the problem with #3 missfire still exists, trade coil packs...

------------------

If the service air bag light is on, then the PCM will have a code you can read that tells you which plug or module is failing, that will help you chase down what connection is loose...

Mr. P.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!! NOW I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM MY SCANNER IS NOT READING I CHEAKED EVERY FUSE IN THE TRUCK AND ALL GOOD , ALSO I CHECKED THE SCANNER ON OTHER TRUCKS AND WORKED FINE ? ANY IDEA ? THX O 1 MORE THING I KNOW I SHOULD KNOW THIS BUT HOW ARE THE CYL NUMBERED ?

Edited by Silverado ss 57 (see edit history)

Problem with your scanner not working may be related to a blown fuse from the Cig lighter, if I remember right.

I know that you said all fuses were good, but check that lighter out and go from there.

Good Luck

CD

Problem with your scanner not working may be related to a blown fuse from the Cig lighter, if I remember right.

I know that you said all fuses were good, but check that lighter out and go from there.

Good Luck

CD

^ What he said.

• 1 month later...

the service air bag must be a factory defualt? cuz when i turn my passenger one on it does the same thing, so when someone gets in my truck and notices it off, they freak! tell them seatbelt or shut up and grab that oh sh*t handle and hold on!