Sts Turbo

he guys

i just bought an used STS turbo kiot of a guy on ebay; pretty good shape and i am planing on installing these in the next couple of weeks. i already know i will have to work on the tranny and probably replace it with a built one but, if i want more power; what set of heads and cam should i go with?

If you are going to go trough the trouble of doing heads and cam, you might as well get a different turbo kit. The beauty of the STS kit is that you can always add to it. A cam is not a bad Idea. A 218 224 .560 .560 on a 114-115lsa worked great for me with stock heads. The L92 heads require to much for little gains. either get ported 317 or 243 and save your self alot of work. Set your goal and we can help you out better.

not to hijack the thread but how are these sts? im really interested in one they make great top end and sound great just rain and snow in cleveland worries me.

I ran my STS setup for 3 year in Alaska. I'm pretty sure I have just as much snow as you. And I never had a problem in the rain, but we do'nt get much up here. Just put a snorkel on the air filter. :thumbs:

After doing a lot of research on cams for turbo charged engine it seems the single pattern cams work very well on the turbo engines. Overlap on the cam is also a plus for a turbo. TSP sells a TSP220 (220/220 .588"/.588" 112 LSA) cam that will be nice for a turbo. Good luck with your build :thumbs:

guys thanks a lot for the info.

hey AKSSS, where would you run the snorkel to?

Sorry it took me so long. Been gone a few days.

I ran my filter up into the wheel well. I just ran two really big zip ties into the holes in the bottom of the pass-side front stake pocket and then around the base of the filter. I only ran the remote filter setup with my boost controller turned off. I was to nervous to run the remote setup on the high boost setting. I would put the filter back on the turbo if I was going to the track (or if the I knew it was going to be nice for a while).

I was running a 4" tubing from the turbo to the filter so that the turbo could get the most air through that tube since it did have to put that air a long ways, I didn't want to put any more restriction than I had to.

turbo installed and powder coated the pipes in black!

i am waiting now for a tranny swap and tune.

SWEET! That's always exciting to get it all done and installed. I hope you wait to boost it untill you have your tune dialed in. I REALLY suggest you get a wideband O2 sensor also if you haven't already.

Good luck.